Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

I am trying so hard not to do this until next year, but it is really hard to wait. Thanks to all who are posting here. I am following the thread. 

Message 71 of 1,187
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Check this out ladies and Gentleman.  I found this little gem within the Navy League membership page, once logged in.  See the picture below.  If this is not proof that you atleast have the NLUS's blessing for using them to join NFCU, then I dont know what is.

This allows USAA membership as well????

Message 72 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sthanks for all the updated information

Message 73 of 1,187
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

So what kind of USAA membership can we get as well with this?

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 74 of 1,187
olivegirl
Regular Contributor

I agree...I am als happy to see people finding this threadSmiley Very Happy

Message 75 of 1,187
olivegirl
Regular Contributor

I also recieved my NLSD membership package and pin over the weekend. Smiley Very Happy

Message 76 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I got my NLUS membership package on Saturday as well. Now that I have everything I want from NFCU and Penfed, I'm going to the garden. No more HP's on my credit until 2018.

Guyatthe beach
Message 77 of 1,187
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@Royalbacon wrote:

So what kind of USAA membership can we get as well with this?

I spoke with a USAA rep today and this does not qualify you for anything with them.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 78 of 1,187
olivegirl
Regular Contributor

It sounds to me as if mis-information on joining is starting again, which is why Youre Welcome's thread got shut down a few weeks ago. Here is my 2 cents worth, Join Navy League, SD, print out your reciept and take it into the nearest NFCU, open up your account(s). If not, fax the membership application in with your paid membership reciept. 

Upon opening your NFCU accounts, if you desire to apply for anything else, apply. Enough information has been posted here and in the original thread that YoureWelcome posted to assure you that this process it totally legit. So, go with confidence that you will be okay.

Mis-infomation can be distracting and cause unnecesay delay. I moved ahead and never looked back after reading YoureWelcome's original post a few weeks ago. Since, I have opened my NFCU accounts no problem, no questions. Glad to be a member of NLSD chapter and have recieved my welcome package and membership pin. Happy and excited to have my NFCU membership account. 

Hope this helps....

Message 79 of 1,187
someg33k
Established Contributor

This works as described. Thank you for those that shared this information!

TBH I could have joined via my Son and daughter in-law. both are members as they are Navy personel. But I waited to find a way to get in on my own.

I joined NLUS this past Friday afternoon online and selected San Diego (I live in Ohio). Got my welcoome emails within minutes of the that transaction.

Filled out all the NFCU paperwork right after, sent that via email along with the other supporting documentaton I knew they would want. Such as my ID and the emails from NLUS.

Today I got a HP on TU and about 10 minutes after the HP notification I got a welcome email from NFCU.

NFCU Welcome.JPG

Message 80 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.