Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

Congrats! Great start at NFCU.
Message 1031 of 1,187
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

I'm happy to report I am a now a Navy Federal member! Thanks to all the advice from OP and everyone posting here. I applied for my Navy League membership on 1/21, received my membership packet on 1/31 and emailed in all docs to Navy Federal on 1/31. I followed up on my application yesterday 2/6/17 and the first rep couldn't locate my information then he transferred me to membership services and the gentleman was able to locate my app while I was on the line and he said it looks as if everything is here. He placed me on hold to set up my account and while I was holding I received an alert from Credit wise (through Cap one) that someone requested my credit file and it was Navy Federal. He said all my information should be sent out within 7-10 business days and welcomed me to Navy Federal. Within a few hours I received an email that said welcome to Navy Federal! Im not looking to add any credit products until around maybe July or August but I wanted to be sure to start building a relationship. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 1032 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I posted here a few weeks ago or so, about joining via Navy League, which I did do successfully.

However, about a day after I attempted to fund my new savings account externally, my account was flagged as fraud and then locked!!

I had the customer service rep open a fraud case last week, but have yet to hear back. Anyone have this issue??
All this time it took to join NFCU, opened a savings account, a credit card and refinanced my car, just to have it all put on hold over some bogus "fraud" alert?

How is it fraud when I sent all of my identification upon joining? ID AND social security card.

Please let me know if anyone here has experienced this!
Message 1033 of 1,187
creditfan
Established Contributor

I recall you mentioned you apply online, is that right? online app tend to get more problems than anything else like email app or snail mail app

Message 1034 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, initially i did apply online, was denied because I was not qualified.  But the rep told me to apply using NLUS I have to print it out, email/fax and would be good.  So I did that, and was eventually approved after about a week or so.

I am wondering if it was the external US Bank transfer attempt that flagged my account?  I still have not received a letter stating what the issue was or anything.  I would think that the time it takes to MANUALLY approve these memberships, they would be done the right way the first time, ya know?

I tried asking about the fraud issue over the phone but they said I had to wait for the letter to come in the mail.  I am hoping that this gets taken care of soon, because I did actually join the legit way, and they knew it.  :-(

Message 1035 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, initially i did apply online, was denied because I was not qualified.  But the rep told me to apply using NLUS I have to print it out, email/fax and would be good.  So I did that, and was eventually approved after about a week or so.

I am wondering if it was the external US Bank transfer attempt that flagged my account?  I still have not received a letter stating what the issue was or anything.  I would think that the time it takes to MANUALLY approve these memberships, they would be done the right way the first time, ya know?

I tried asking about the fraud issue over the phone but they said I had to wait for the letter to come in the mail.  I am hoping that this gets taken care of soon, because I did actually join the legit way, and they knew it.  :-(

Where do you get the email or fax number to send in the application? I don't see it on their website. 

Message 1036 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where do you get the email or fax number to send in the application? I don't see it on their website. 

membershipdocs@navyfederal.org - I'm not looking up the fax number because they'll lose the fax and ask you to email it anyway if you fax it  Smiley Wink

Message 1037 of 1,187
kugel
Valued Contributor

Wen is the next AR nfcu does ?
Message 1038 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
Wen is the next AR nfcu does ?

First week of March

Message 1039 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is AR, and what does this time period do for us?
Message 1040 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.