cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Deebo16

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

On the application, is there a certain way to fill the application out after joining the San Diego Navy League? A couple of questions I'm not sure about in sections B, C, D on the application form.
Message 1111 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Deebo16 wrote:
On the application, is there a certain way to fill the application out after joining the San Diego Navy League? A couple of questions I'm not sure about in sections B, C, D on the application form.

in section B, I checked the box for "Association/Community/Company" and wrote in underneath it "Navy League San Diego Chapter"

I left section C blank

in section D, I checked "Employed outside the government" because none of the other boxes applied to me

Message 1112 of 1,187
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I'm joining this way and I will attempt to join via the online application.

No plans for a card from them, I intend on parking some cash in their 3% certificate. It will be interesting to see in time if I get any pre-qual notifications.

Thanks to all for this thread. Back in the day, there was not this great way to join and be legit about it!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1113 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Deebo16. 

This Same exact error happened to me last week on the 13th. I was charged a total of 3 times twice on one card and once on another after i received a credit card processing error msg. The pending charges just dropped off yesterday. I'm going to attempt to join again.  Were you able to go back and join the Navy League sucessfully since then?

Message 1114 of 1,187
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Deebo16 wrote:

in section B, I checked the box for "Association/Community/Company" and wrote in underneath it "Navy League San Diego Chapter"

I left section C blank

in section D, I checked "Employed outside the government" because none of the other boxes applied to me

I sent in my NFCU app by snail mail, with a printed copy of the first welcome e-mail from NLUS (which included a breif mention of which chapter I joined).  I did the same as Steeler for the paper app I filled out.  

Sent it on a saturday by snail mail (APR 1), saw them pull my TU record Thursday almost 2 weeks later (13th).  The next day (14th), I was able to log in and start setting up my account, issuing transfers to fund it.  WF was a pain in the *** about that, like they were desperately trying to keep my money -- the other places I moved funds from didn't make a peep about it.

I didn't get a call from NFCU welcoming me until after I had completed some transfers a few days later, and finished setting up the account over the phone.  After that, same call, I set up a Share Secure loan with them -- when it finalises (overnight probably) I'll pay it down ~91% and wait for my first statement.  They seemed eager to offer me a credit card, but I said I'd wait and think about it.

Message 1115 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey All,

Joined NLUS today and just sent off my docs to NFCU's email.

Looking forward to getting this started and applying for a new CC and refi on my car!

Message 1116 of 1,187
Jaydawg220
Contributor

Signed up for NL Sand Diego and emailed my NFCU app, NL welcome email, and ID+SS card last night. Still haven't heard anything besides the nfcu automated reply which said it takes up to 2 days.

Keeping my fingers crossed I get in!

Getting ready to call and check the status of my app.
Starting Fico 8s- TU 485 EX 470 EQ 470 [1/1/2015]
Current Fico 8s- TU 638 EX 626 EQ 615 [5/1/2017]
Merrick Bank $1100, Wells Fargo Secured $300, NFCU Secured $800, First Premier $300, CareCredit $3000, Fingerhut $800
Message 1117 of 1,187
Deebo16

Yes I was able to get in after changing the address to the correct one for the card I was using.  Also, just got off the phone with NFCU and got my account information.  What's the next step?  What should I be applying for?

Message 1118 of 1,187
Jaydawg220
Contributor

Wooohoooo I'm in!
I'm sooo excited people!!!

I called and they had tosearch for my app with my email address. It took about 10 mins on hold, but they approved me in the same phone call!!

Next step, NFCU CC!
Starting Fico 8s- TU 485 EX 470 EQ 470 [1/1/2015]
Current Fico 8s- TU 638 EX 626 EQ 615 [5/1/2017]
Merrick Bank $1100, Wells Fargo Secured $300, NFCU Secured $800, First Premier $300, CareCredit $3000, Fingerhut $800
Message 1119 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied over a week ago and my application still is pending. Kind of dumb how it takes this long to join.

Message 1120 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.