Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

@RockinRay wrote:

A little update on my membership status.

I talked with a Rep this morning, and they were able to verify my documentation that I submitted via their secure link. The only thing they could not verify is membership to NLSD.

The Rep asked me that I email this information to them along with my social security number.. I told her that I was not comfortable sending my social over via a non secure method. She understood of course.

So, I sent them and email to the address she provided with my name and DOB. The reply email I got back from them (auto reply) stated that my name was good enough for them to locate my file. I attached a PDF of my NLSD email as proof.

Should be good to go within the next 24 to 48 hours I would think. Everything else has now been verified.

I wanted to give an update on my membership.

Late Wednesday, I got the emails that the membership had been approved. I was able to set up my on-line account and have added Navy Fed to my USAA portal so I can push money to savings there.

I decided to apply for the cashRewards card and it went to 24 hour review. This morning I had the secured message email from them. Logged on and found out we had been approved for the card. $24k SL with 10.15% APR. Nice... I'll do the spend on it to get the $200 cash reward.

This thread has been very beneficial to me!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1141 of 1,187
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I wanted to give an update on my membership.

Late Wednesday, I got the emails that the membership had been approved. I was able to set up my on-line account and have added Navy Fed to my USAA portal so I can push money to savings there.

I decided to apply for the cashRewards card and it went to 24 hour review. This morning I had the secured message email from them. Logged on and found out we had been approved for the card. $24k SL with 10.15% APR. Nice... I'll do the spend on it to get the $200 cash reward.

Congrats, very nice SL & APR!

They sure don't do a good job of promoting the spend bonus, I didn't know there was one until I saw your post and figured out if you click the card image you see the spend bonus details. But wow, $3k spend to get the $200 bonus is about the highest spend requirements I've seen.When I get my membership approved I'm thinking of app'ing for the Platinum card, no rewards but their "lowest APR" and $0 fee BTs - I have better reward crds for the categories I spend most on, groceries, gas, uttilities, and Cap One 1.5% rewards for non-category purchases.

- This thread has been very beneficial to me!

Indeed!I've been resisting for some time as it's quiite a process (if you're a civilian) just to join a CU, even one of the better ones. But I finally joined Navy League San Diego Monday and emailed my NFCU membership app & docs yesterday, decided it's finally time to give up on Wells Fargo..

Message 1142 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

does everyone know what nfcu will approve or deny based on inquires? I just recently did an app spree and gotten myself 5 new inquires. My total inquires now are 5 on transunion, 12 experian and 12 on equalfax. 

4 new accounts in the last 30 days

726 transuinon

721 experian

698 equalfax

nothing bad, just a tax lien going back all the way to 2007. 

I was wanting to pull the trigger on a checking/savings and a credit card. Thank you 

Message 1143 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called the CS number today and spoke to a very polite and kind rep whoc checked my app status for membership. She said that they are a little backed up and are working on apps from 4/19 now, I applied on 4/21.

Said that by end of next week I should be good to go.

I'll report back when approved and next steps. Thinking of going for CC's and NavCheck with them and hoping for decent limits. Wedding planning has commenced and plan to put expenses on the CC and pay off as we go.

Message 1144 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

does everyone know what nfcu will approve or deny based on inquires? I just recently did an app spree and gotten myself 5 new inquires. My total inquires now are 5 on transunion, 12 experian and 12 on equalfax. 

4 new accounts in the last 30 days

726 transuinon

721 experian

698 equalfax

nothing bad, just a tax lien going back all the way to 2007. 

I was wanting to pull the trigger on a checking/savings and a credit card. Thank you 

IMHO, in reading through the forum, I imagine you would have good chances considering the only thing you have is a tax lien back in '07 as stated.

YMMV, however, no guarantees or anything.

I'm curious to see what I get with my BK discharging in June of last year.

Reading through, sounds like people between 8-12 mos post discharge have gotten some great LOC's from NFCU and I am hoping the same for me. Good luck and make sure and post back your results!

Message 1145 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved and accepted today! Applied for a CC and will report back!

Message 1146 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

to apply by email do we just scan the paper application and all supporting documents and send it to membershipdocs@navyfederal.org? What should we state in the subject line? 

Message 1147 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup! That's all you do!

Subject I just did the following:

NFCU Membership Application - First Initial. Last Name - Date
Message 1148 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long till we get a confirmation email? 

Message 1149 of 1,187
padme
Established Contributor

pretty quick
Message 1150 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.