Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

Thanks OP, I just joined the NLUS San Diego and I will be going into the local branch this week to submit my membership application and hopefully become a new member. Will update back here later this week. I am looking forward to becoming a member and taking advantage of all they have to offer with credit cards and I'll be shopping for a mortage by the end of the year hopefully!

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 1001 of 1,187
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

After reading further, once I receive my welcome letter I will try the email membership route and report back within a few days. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 1002 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I am always lurking these forums and never post. I figured I would finally join in lol.  So, I applied for the Navy League San Diego Council on Thursday night, 1/19/17, immediately received the Welcome email and payment confirmation, then applied for the NFCU right after that...online application.  

I received the application confirmation after that, then received an email this morning (Saturday, 1/21/17) requesting my ID and proof of address.  I also included my SSN and the Navy League confirmation email, even though they hadn't asked for it. 

I am hoping that I hear back on Monday sometime...I really want to apply for their Cash Rewards card!

Message 1003 of 1,187
Hillbill
Established Member

I think u sent in the wrong confirmation letter from San Diego. You need to wait for the e welcome pack with the pin.
Message 1004 of 1,187
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

When I appled to NFCU, sent both emails to be safe and faxed everything. it took about a week and I got the welcome email from NFCU and I was good to go. The CSR are very easy to work with and I appled for the Cash Rewards after my welcome email. 

Message 1005 of 1,187
Hillbill
Established Member

so u sent copies of the 2 emails they sent you right after u paid San Diego, that said congratulations and welcome along the lines? I though by reading this that the e-welcome packet with the pin that is a few weeks down the road.
Message 1006 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to find the most recent and updated thread for NFCU apps via NLSD - I will post my Q here and maybe cross post (please forgive me if you see it multiple time) for my Q...

Regarding ID forms for NFCU - I have a current DL with right addy...I don't currently have a SS Card ( went to the office to apply today, had to go to 2nd and there was literally 200 people waiting) or a passport - also no Current utility bill in my name

I have seen a couple people refer to providing their DL and SS number (yet I now others have provided a copy of their actual card), the NFCU webite says:

"What You Need to Join
You must be at least 18 years old to join online.1 Please provide the following information:
Social Security number
Driver's license or government ID
Current home address (if at current address for less than two years, then provide previous address also)
Credit card or bank account and routing number to fund your account (if applicable)
Current email address"

I know that the NLSD (have the welcome email) qualification can be more scrutinized...

Her's my Q: Have any of you joined with the NLSD Qualification and provided ONLY your DL as ID with your SS Number?

Or any other forms as a 2nd than the ones posted above?

Thanks in Advance...I love ALL of you!!!!

And if anyone can point me to the most current "Main" post for NFCU, I would appreciate it...I was told this might be it? Can someone confirm?
Message 1007 of 1,187
enerey
Regular Contributor

I sent them my license and car registration as the 2nd type of i.d.

Message 1008 of 1,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

And if anyone can point me to the most current "Main" post for NFCU, I would appreciate it...I was told this might be it? Can someone confirm?

You're actually now on the 'main' thread for joining NFCU via NLUS.

Please be careful to avoid 'copy and pasting' the same post in multiple threads... cross-posting is against the ToS of this website and it creates more work for the mods when they have to scrub the extra posts.  Smiley Happy

Edit:  Once you're a NFCU member and are ready to apply for a credit card, additional credit card, or CLI there's a dedicated thread for that as well:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/td-p/3419729

Note that the other thread is geared towards credit cards, but you'll find some CLOC conversation mixed in as well. 

Message 1009 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enerey wrote:

I sent them my license and car registration as the 2nd type of i.d.

Awesome enerey! Thanks...that I have! Did you send it with the App or further into the process? Did you Snail Mail or fax? I appreciate the info!
Message 1010 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.