Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Frequent Contributor

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

Congrats! Great start at NFCU.
FICO08 7/27/17 EQ-769, TU-767, EX-761
Gardening unit sometime in 2018
Regular Contributor

I'm happy to report I am a now a Navy Federal member! Thanks to all the advice from OP and everyone posting here. I applied for my Navy League membership on 1/21, received my membership packet on 1/31 and emailed in all docs to Navy Federal on 1/31. I followed up on my application yesterday 2/6/17 and the first rep couldn't locate my information then he transferred me to membership services and the gentleman was able to locate my app while I was on the line and he said it looks as if everything is here. He placed me on hold to set up my account and while I was holding I received an alert from Credit wise (through Cap one) that someone requested my credit file and it was Navy Federal. He said all my information should be sent out within 7-10 business days and welcomed me to Navy Federal. Within a few hours I received an email that said welcome to Navy Federal! Im not looking to add any credit products until around maybe July or August but I wanted to be sure to start building a relationship. 

Starting Score:EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/19/17)
Current Score: EQ 685, EX 678, TU 683 (8/12/17)
Goal Score: 700+ across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
0 Kudos

So, I posted here a few weeks ago or so, about joining via Navy League, which I did do successfully.

However, about a day after I attempted to fund my new savings account externally, my account was flagged as fraud and then locked!!

I had the customer service rep open a fraud case last week, but have yet to hear back. Anyone have this issue??
All this time it took to join NFCU, opened a savings account, a credit card and refinanced my car, just to have it all put on hold over some bogus "fraud" alert?

How is it fraud when I sent all of my identification upon joining? ID AND social security card.

Please let me know if anyone here has experienced this!
Discover it - $9000 | CapOne VentureOne- $5000 | CapOne QuicksilverOne - $3500 | CapOne Playstation - $2500 | Barclays Arrival - $3500 | Amazon Store Card - $3400 | Firestone - $1400 | Credit One - $700 | First Savings CC - $600 | Speedway Gas Card - $400 | BP Gas Card - $900 |Target - $800 | Walmart - $1500 | Kohl's - $1500
Current Score: FICO: 660 EQ: 648 TU: 645 (1/21/17)
Regular Contributor

I recall you mentioned you apply online, is that right? online app tend to get more problems than anything else like email app or snail mail app

0 Kudos

Yes, initially i did apply online, was denied because I was not qualified.  But the rep told me to apply using NLUS I have to print it out, email/fax and would be good.  So I did that, and was eventually approved after about a week or so.

I am wondering if it was the external US Bank transfer attempt that flagged my account?  I still have not received a letter stating what the issue was or anything.  I would think that the time it takes to MANUALLY approve these memberships, they would be done the right way the first time, ya know?

I tried asking about the fraud issue over the phone but they said I had to wait for the letter to come in the mail.  I am hoping that this gets taken care of soon, because I did actually join the legit way, and they knew it.  :-(

Discover it - $9000 | CapOne VentureOne- $5000 | CapOne QuicksilverOne - $3500 | CapOne Playstation - $2500 | Barclays Arrival - $3500 | Amazon Store Card - $3400 | Firestone - $1400 | Credit One - $700 | First Savings CC - $600 | Speedway Gas Card - $400 | BP Gas Card - $900 |Target - $800 | Walmart - $1500 | Kohl's - $1500
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

IT_student wrote:

Yes, initially i did apply online, was denied because I was not qualified.  But the rep told me to apply using NLUS I have to print it out, email/fax and would be good.  So I did that, and was eventually approved after about a week or so.

I am wondering if it was the external US Bank transfer attempt that flagged my account?  I still have not received a letter stating what the issue was or anything.  I would think that the time it takes to MANUALLY approve these memberships, they would be done the right way the first time, ya know?

I tried asking about the fraud issue over the phone but they said I had to wait for the letter to come in the mail.  I am hoping that this gets taken care of soon, because I did actually join the legit way, and they knew it.  :-(

Where do you get the email or fax number to send in the application? I don't see it on their website. 

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Asgardian wrote:

IT_student wrote:

Where do you get the email or fax number to send in the application? I don't see it on their website. 

membershipdocs@navyfederal.org - I'm not looking up the fax number because they'll lose the fax and ask you to email it anyway if you fax it  Smiley Wink

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Wen is the next AR nfcu does ?
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

kugel wrote:
Wen is the next AR nfcu does ?

First week of March

0 Kudos

What is AR, and what does this time period do for us?

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.