Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

Well I submitted my documents on Friday. Decided to call on the status today and was told they had no record of me. So I re-emailed everything and about five minutes later got a TU hard pull. Guess I'll just see what happens tomorrow.

Message 91 of 1,187
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Just got confirmation. Super friendly people I have to say.
Message 92 of 1,187
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:
Just got confirmation. Super friendly people I have to say.

Good to hear.. Getting a bit frustrated with them myself.. They are very nice people.. Resent my DL yesterday and called today and they couldnt find it...  So sent it again today.. Hopefully they can figure everything else and pair it with my original application eventually..  Patience isnt a virtue of mine, but obviously they are large and things I guess get lost and no way to email it to one particular person.  Glad it is working out really smooth for others though!

Message 93 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joined Navy League on Friday and submitted application and documents via email to NFCU Friday night.

Called yesterday to check status and they had no record of my application.

Resubmitted application via email last night. Hopefully I'll hear something today.

Message 94 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joined NLUS over the weekend. Went to NFCU branch and applied this morning. They submitted everything through their membership department, so just waiting to hear back hopefully today or tommorow.

Message 95 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

The branch staff and customer service told me the NLUS verification takes them longer, they quoted 3-5 days. It seems like some other people here are getting in quicker. No worries though, they didn't question it.

Message 96 of 1,187
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The branch staff and customer service told me the NLUS verification takes them longer, they quoted 3-5 days. It seems like some other people here are getting in uquicker. No worries though, they didn't question it.

I would agree somehow I am stuck in the system of slow moving NFCU..  Just all due to a pretty good photo copy of an ID that I resubmitted yesterday and for good measure again today.  Think I just got stuck on some stickler w/nfcu that wants to possibly make me work a bit harder.  I followed up with a call today and they said they didn't get my email yesterday with a "clearer" license thus sent it again and followed up again today and they found it, but membership had to forward it to another department, not really sure what that department is.  Possibly verification/fraud?  Anyways sure it will all work out, but my CRA's are unfroozen until Friday if it doesn't come through prior to then I will hold out on joining NFCU until the end of the year as have paid for NLUS already.  They are all very friendly, but just seems like they are dragged down due to the size of them possibly along with the politics of eligibility, etc.

I will be grateful if I do get in prior to Friday, just interesting how some people got it super quick..  It isn't like I used a $5 scanner to do my license PDF it was a very good quality copy.. So not sure really what the deal is with me.  Hopefuly it gets resolved prior to Friday.   I guess I could drive 45 minutes to a branch, but prefer to avoid that as that is what emails/pdfs are for.  Least it appears they do all this stuff prior to pulling ones credit as this hasn't been done yet.  That is the one good thing thus farSmiley Happy

TLDR; another 2-5 days they said for me.

Message 97 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, regarding the navy federal credit union membership, does it have to be navy league san diego? because when I click membership, it directs me to navy league website only. Please help, I been trying to get in for a long time. Thank you

Message 98 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, regarding the navy federal credit union membership, does it have to be navy league san diego? because when I click membership, it directs me to navy league website only. Please help, I been trying to get in for a long time. Thank you

Sign up here: https://join.navyleague.org/wordpress/membership-form/ and it will ask you for a Preferred Council in the membership form. Put in San Diego. Others have confirmed that once your membership is processed you will be able to verify that council on their Community portal when you get a membership number. However, many of us are not waiting until the NLUS membership number is given, just showing the emails received once you pay and going to NFCU.

Message 99 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

Hi everyone, please don't get discouraged and give up. I know it can be frustrating because I went through the same thing. NLUS could not find my app that I mailed, then faxed so I did it online. Well I'm now paid up for 3 years! Then with NFCU I did my app online and faxed my welcome letter from NLUS and ID info. I didn't read CreditNewguys directions very well. Finally when I called to check status, they told me that I needed to print out paper copy sign and email all docs. Don't have a scanner or a clue how to use one. Took everything to Stables and for 2.50 they made everything all better! This happened one day, the next day got an email to welcome me and my name was spelled wrong, it's 5 letters, one of the most common names in the world. Called and they said since they had a copy of my DL and SS card they could change it on the spot. Magic! They must be so busy and overwhelmed with all the new members as well as their current members. Very nice and helpful each time I called  although they did seem to guard the membership department!  Please keep us posted!

Message 100 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.