Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

@Yodah wrote:

Anyone know how long it takes for CLOC or CC accounts to show up online?  

I applied and was approved instantly for 15K CLOC, I also applied for the Flagship and it went to review....5mins later got approval text message but thats it..

I dont know what the limit or apr is for the CC. Neither account shows online yet. I applied earlier this afternoon.

Thanks

You won't see the CLOC until about 2-3 days after they receive your signed promissory note.  Quickest way to return that is by secure message (within online banking).  As for the CC, those usually take about a week.

Message 1161 of 1,187
Yodah
Regular Contributor

Woke up this morning to check my Accounts that were approved yesterday...membership,CLOC, anc Flagship CC.....However, I was locked out of my account, called in and my member number wasnt even recognized. Spoke with CS and was informed that it was a security check, and I needed to send in ID, (which I aready did with the app) and a Utility bill...

I sent in the Utility bill while she had me on hold, when she came back I let her know, she let security department know, and I was back in business in 5 mins..... Customer service is outstanding....

However, my suggestion to all that apply, is to send in a utility bill anyway..... I don't know how I got approved for membership, 15K CLOC,16K CC....but they can't verify my address. Lol

Message 1162 of 1,187
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Well, I'm not impressed so far. I emailed my app + plenty of supporting docs for ID & address last Wednesday, got an auto repsonse 10 minutes later. So I finally called today, rep couldn't find me in their system and transferred me over to processing dept. Took a bit of time, but the rep came back and said she found my email & would start processing my app. She comes back on the line quickly and said security had "instantly" flagged my app, and that security would be sending me an email in "3-4 days" with an email with a secure upload docs for ID & Address verifcation - which I included in my app email - scan of my AZ drivers license and my passport for ID, and copy of electric bill & mortgage statement for address.

So, another couple days to give them stuff I alread sent. There should no reason for an "instant security flag" - never any issues with CRAs, never any banking problems, I know Chex & EWS are good & clean.

They sure make it a PIA to join, I think I'll head over to Penfed.org and app online, the way it should be . (Navy League, regardless of chapter, qualifies for membership with Penfed).

Message 1163 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the words ' security' , ' flagged' are kind of triggering but i think most navy league sandiego apps are processed this way. Same exact thing happened to me its just that the representive i got told me in different words. He told me ,every thing looks fine , first level approval is done , i should hear in 3-5 business days from the second level approval dept which i am sure now was security review. Because on the same day i got an email asking me to secure upload DL and address proof even though i sent it with email.which i did and got a response saying security dept is reviewing it. I guess its kind of standard procedure may be for those who live in different state than 'sandiego council'. But it will be approved and its worth it. May be u need to call one more time and they will push it through security dept and process and approve it. Btw after discussing in another thread i went ahead and applied for CLOC and asked for the full 15000 , today i got a response saying in order to process the app further they need my DL and SSN copy LOL!. I am sure now this is a different dept than perhaps membership and credit card. For me cashrewards approval was instant without any docs . But i  guess for this CLOC they need id info. 

Message 1164 of 1,187
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the words ' security' , ' flagged' are kind of triggering but i think most navy league sandiego apps are processed this way. ...

Strange.  I did mine by snail-mail with just the application and a print out of the NLUS welcome e-mail.  They approved me instantly (presumably) on the day I saw my TU report get pulled.  I started setting up my online account the next day and pushed a few deposits in before I even got a call from them to notify me.

Message 1165 of 1,187
Yodah
Regular Contributor

Ok, so after reading a few of you guys post and remembering what the CS said to me, here is what I think is happening.

They have different stages, and we are jumping the process line when we call in and a CS pulls the App and approves the MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBiLiTY...Meaning we get confirmation on the first step before the process has completely ran its course.... Think about it.... Security Verification has its own department that verfies your documents through the link THEY provide, NOT email. 

So I think it's

Step 1. Upload everything via email to see if you qualify for membership and your Info gets entered into NFCU system (membership dept)

Step 2. Security Dept. needs to verify what was entered into NFCU system (they never see your membership email with docs)

Step 3. Security Dept send you a link to upload documents directly to NFCU secure system and they give 30 days to do it ( using the email address on file from step 1)

Step 4. Verification/Process is complete

Message 1166 of 1,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Yodah wrote:

Ok, so after reading a few of you guys post and remembering what the CS said to me, here is what I think is happening.

They have different stages, and we are jumping the process line when we call in and a CS pulls the App and approves the MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBiLiTY...Meaning we get confirmation on the first step before the process has completely ran its course.... Think about it.... Security Verification has its own department that verfies your documents through the link THEY provide, NOT email. 

So I think it's

Step 1. Upload everything via email to see if you qualify for membership and your Info gets entered into NFCU system (membership dept)

Step 2. Security Dept. needs to verify what was entered into NFCU system (they never see your membership email with docs)

Step 3. Security Dept send you a link to upload documents directly to NFCU secure system and they give 30 days to do it ( using the email address on file from step 1)

Step 4. Verification/Process is complete

+1

I suspect this is what's happening as well (or at least something very similar).  In any case, calling in makes them go 'out-of-process' when the membership is "pushed" through.

I also suspect if they weren't backed up it wouldn't be an issue, or at least things would be moving along quickly enough that nobody would notice.

I know some will be annoyed by this (and I agree it can be cumbersome) but keep in mind that a little over a year ago joining NFCU via NLUS wasn't an option (or at least most didn't know it was).  I still believe that for the overwhelming majority the 'hassle' will be worth it.  Smiley Wink

Message 1167 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you guys filling out section B. Membership Eligibility on the NFCU app, where are you writting San Diego? Sorry for the stupid question

Message 1168 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the words ' security' , ' flagged' are kind of triggering but i think most navy league sandiego apps are processed this way. Same exact thing happened to me its just that the representive i got told me in different words. He told me ,every thing looks fine , first level approval is done , i should hear in 3-5 business days from the second level approval dept which i am sure now was security review. Because on the same day i got an email asking me to secure upload DL and address proof even though i sent it with email.which i did and got a response saying security dept is reviewing it. I guess its kind of standard procedure may be for those who live in different state than 'sandiego council'. But it will be approved and its worth it. May be u need to call one more time and they will push it through security dept and process and approve it. Btw after discussing in another thread i went ahead and applied for CLOC and asked for the full 15000 , today i got a response saying in order to process the app further they need my DL and SSN copy LOL!. I am sure now this is a different dept than perhaps membership and credit card. For me cashrewards approval was instant without any docs . But i  guess for this CLOC they need id info. 

All the above is why, if and when I join NFCU via the Navy League, I'm going to hand-carry my NFCU application and supporting documentation, proof of NLUS membership, ID's and all, to the nearest Navy Federal branch in person and apply there! (It's nice when you live in a place where you can actually do that...)

Message 1169 of 1,187
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All the above is why, if and when I join NFCU via the Navy League, I'm going to hand-carry my NFCU application and supporting documentation, proof of NLUS membership, ID's and all, to the nearest Navy Federal branch in person and apply there! (It's nice when you live in a place where you can actually do that...)

It is nice when you live in a place where you can actually do that, and I would have loved to gone to the branch near me and apply in person. But Navy Fed apparently doesn't think its branch employees are smart enough to check an ID, and all the branch will do is fax your app & docs to the same central membership processing center that your email app goes do, subject to the same security scrutiny, asking for the same ID & Address proof that you included with your app.So far my experience with Navy Fed is that they operate with the same military efficiency that gave rise to the oxymoron "Military Intelligence".

Message 1170 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.