tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

@baller4life wrote:

FB_IMG_1494622101952.jpg

SAD SAD DAY!!!!! 😢😢😢😢

Wow... this is unfortunate, indeed.  Smiley Sad

At least they have added vets to their field of membership... that has opened the door for many who might have otherwise been kept out before.

Message 1181 of 1,187
creditfan
Established Contributor

it's been last longer than a year since it exposed not bad

Message 1182 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. I got lucky too. Applied on april 21st accepted on may 1st. Hope they wont revoke membership for navy league sandiego members who joined before NFCU  decided to  not accept eligibility.

Message 1183 of 1,187
baller4life
Super Contributor

Everyone that got in before they shut it down is safe. Those that are still pending not so much. 😐
Message 1184 of 1,187
Godoi25
Established Member

Just sharing my experience becoming a member of NFCU through Navy League. Filled out application and faxed on may 1st, 8 days passed and didn't hear anything back. I called customer service and after 45min on the phone with customer representative trying to locate application and get in contact with membership department, the rep gets on the phone and ask me. Your application has not been processed yet, do you have any branches near you? (I do) you should go to branch and get it all done there. Rep said "it could take another week for membership department to look at your application and then they might ask for other documents which could extend the process another couple weeks. I said thank you I will try that. Next day I went in near by branch, seat with somebody and got it all done without any problems. All I needed was DL and email confirmation from navy league, nothing else. The guy was super nice and at the very beginning he asked "how are you eligible for membership?" (Navy league) he said, "I haven't heard of that before give me one second" he walked out of the room with my navy league email, came back and said "let me get this started, this is the first membership through the navy league that I have processed, now I know for future ones".

Message 1185 of 1,187
Godoi25
Established Member

Tomorrow 05/13 I plan to go with my girlfriend and try to get her membership done, we faxed her info same day as mine 05/01. She couldn't go in the branch with me this past Thursday 05/11 as she was working. 

Message 1186 of 1,187
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As this is no longer a viable way in this thread will be closed to further comments.

Message 1187 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.