Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

[ Edited ]

Maybe you can apply online? I don't recall seeing this before.....? Is there anyone who hasn't joined and want to test it out whether it works to join online?

Too many new cards and am too lazy to update my signature
Community Leader
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wizdog1 wrote:

Hi there, did you apply online or print out a paper app? You cannot apply online by way of NLUS, they will kick it back. Once you fill out paper app email or fax that along with both pages of welcome letter from NLUS to membershipdocs@navyfederal.org. They prefer email to fax and are processed faster this way. However if you have done this I don't know what the hold up is. Please keep us posted CreditCuriosity.

Scanned it to PDF and emailed it.  Did it around 10 or 11 yesterday morning I believe..  Obviously they have the application as my name was on the email etc and was addressed to me.. Sure it will work out just time

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Regular Contributor

You are a lot more computer literate than me, lol. I have read that they do take it as long as you can sign electronically so you are right I'm sure you will be fine. I learned the hard way that you can't just go on line, they need that signature. 

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Guyatthebeach wrote:

Wizdog1 wrote:

Guyatthebeach may I ask if your regular checks were free or do you pay for them. I usually order checks that support ASPCA but if they are free....I can just keep my Chase Checks for that. Sorry getting away from topic....thanks

Wizdog1,

I got the plain blue ones that are free when I opened a totally free checking account. I think they offer discounts on other checks.

So far I'm impressed with the checking account. I've made 2 deposits in the branch and they were credited immediately. I will be to scan a deposit or deposit via the mobile app after 30 days.

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

If I rememer right, you opened your account at a branch in person.   Maybe that's why you got a bunch of free checks? 

In the garden as of 6/9/2016.
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I did open the accounts in the branch. The only lady ordered them right in front of me because I asked to.

Also I got my membership card and PIN from the Navy League today. On your membership card, does it say that you are in the San Diego chapter???

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Royalbacon wrote:

Maybe you can apply online? I don't recall seeing this before.....? Is there anyone who hasn't joined and want to test it out whether it works to join online?

I tried that originally and never made it past this page. The system didn't accept NLUS-SD.

When I called about it, the rep told me to stop in the branch.

Guyatthebeach

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Navy League membership card doesn't have council on it.  You can use your membership number to join the online community, logon, and look at your profile.  (It's under Membership -> Online Community.)

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Jumping on the bandwagen here, how did you manage to get into NFCU so quick ?

Edit: I joined NLUS however I don't have a member number or anything yet... the money has been taken from my credit card though. I am wondering how people are going from application for NLUS to NFCU member so quick? I.E. two days apart

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685
Amex Plat - NPSL | NavyFed Flagship - $22K | Penfed Plat RW - $21K | NavyFed Cash Rewards - $16K | Freedom - $22.7K | USAA Visa - $22K | BoA Cash Rewards - $11K | Marvel MC - $8K | Cap 1 QS - $8K | Amex Delta Gold - $8K | DCU Rewards - $7.5K | Amazon - $6K | Walmart MC - $6K | Discover IT - $5.5K | Jared - $4K | Besybuy Visa - $3K | IHG - $2.5K | Amex ED - $1K
Regular Contributor

Oops, almost forgot.  Your name and address will be listed under the membership of your council unless you opt out!

I wouldn't consider it high risk since it's a small and relatively unknown organization, and the information is locked behind a paid membership.  Nevertheless, I feel compelled to note it here since most people tend to not read through all of the forms.

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I joined the Navy League when I got home on Friday. I joined NFCU the next day at the branch.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.