Valued Contributor

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

For me it was TU and EQ.

Message 61 of 1,187
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to those whove posted about NFCU membership. I also recently joined PenFed and got the Platinum Rewards card there. What exactly is better about NFCU than PenFed? There is a local NFCU branch near me which would be an advantage to use them for Checking. Any other comparisons of NFCU vs. PenFed. Both look to have good CC offerings, competitive Auto loans, etc. 

This is what I'm trying to figure out as well.  I don't mind taking the HP and paying the fee to join...just trying to figure out if there is something I'd regret missing out on.  I've done a little searching here on the forums and the only thing I can come up with is that they're pretty generous with starting limits on credit cards and seem to approve at a lower credit score?  Anything else?

Message 62 of 1,187
DrForce
Valued Member

Both TU and EQ for membership? Or TU for membership and EQ for credit cards. Sorry for my confusion.
Message 63 of 1,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@DrForce wrote:
Both TU and EQ for membership? Or TU for membership and EQ for credit cards. Sorry for my confusion.

For me it was TU for membership and EQ for my credit card. 

There are reports that occasionally they deviate from this, but not often.  Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went for just the membership with checking and savings for now, and they pulled only TU.  I'll apply for a card when I get out of the garden, gives me a chance to become an established member with some money built up in my savings there. 

Message 65 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@Wizdog1 wrote:

Guyatthebeach may I ask if your regular checks were free or do you pay for them. I usually order checks that support ASPCA but if they are free....I can just keep my Chase Checks for that. Sorry getting away from topic....thanks

Wizdog1,

I got the plain blue ones that are free when I opened a totally free checking account. I think they offer discounts on other checks.

So far I'm impressed with the checking account. I've made 2 deposits in the branch and they were credited immediately. I will be to scan a deposit or deposit via the mobile app after 30 days.

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

What? I tried to get free checks and was told they were not free by customer service.

Message 66 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Navy League welcome aboard packet a few weeks after I signed up.  Very good stuff.  Its a shame I dont actually live in that district, otherwise I'd participate.  Glad to see this is still going on.

Message 67 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check this out ladies and Gentleman.  I found this little gem within the Navy League membership page, once logged in.  See the picture below.  If this is not proof that you atleast have the NLUS's blessing for using them to join NFCU, then I dont know what is.

Message 68 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

Thank you CreditNewguy, we are so glad you are here!

Message 69 of 1,187
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Check this out ladies and Gentleman.  I found this little gem within the Navy League membership page, once logged in.  See the picture below.  If this is not proof that you atleast have the NLUS's blessing for using them to join NFCU, then I dont know what is.

Hrmmmmm,  Is this a way in to USAA credit products also?  Anyone try?  EQ pull if you app for products.

Message 70 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.