Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

@someg33k wrote:

This works as described. Thank you for those that shared this information!

TBH I could have joined via my Son and daughter in-law. both are members as they are Navy personel. But I waited to find a way to get in on my own.

I joined NLUS this past Friday afternoon online and selected San Diego (I live in Ohio). Got my welcoome emails within minutes of the that transaction.

Filled out all the NFCU paperwork right after, sent that via email along with the other supporting documentaton I knew they would want. Such as my ID and the emails from NLUS.

Today I got a HP on TU and about 10 minutes after the HP notification I got a welcome email from NFCU.

NFCU Welcome.JPG

Thanks for info..Did mine on friday as well.. Hopefully I get it todaySmiley Happy

Message 81 of 1,187
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

So called them today on status of application.. Long story short note on application that they couldn't read driver's liecense.. Thought it was pretty dang legible.. Anyways re-scanned it again today and made it lighter into pdf also included SS card even though they didn't ask for it just for another piece of information and re emailed it.. Hopefully they will approve the membership tomorrow for me.

Message 82 of 1,187
someg33k
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So called them today on status of application.. Long story short note on application that they couldn't read driver's liecense.. Thought it was pretty dang legible.. Anyways re-scanned it again today and made it lighter into pdf also included SS card even though they didn't ask for it just for another piece of information and re emailed it.. Hopefully they will approve the membership tomorrow for me.

Good luck!

When I sent my stuff in I sent everyything in one bundle. DL scan, SS card scan, even sent the header of a bank statement for address verification just in case. Smiley Wink

You'll have a welcome email by lunch time tomorrow!

Message 83 of 1,187
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@someg33k wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Good luck!

When I sent my stuff in I sent everyything in one bundle. DL scan, SS card scan, even sent the header of a bank statement for address verification just in case. Smiley Wink

Thanks I hope so!  Apply for any Credit yet with them?

Message 84 of 1,187
someg33k
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@someg33k wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks I hope so!  Apply for any Credit yet with them?

No CC yet, trying to make up my mind on that.

I did apply for the Naval Check / Checking credit thing. I did not follow advice on the board and only asked for 10K not 15K. Instant approved for the 10K. That's a pretty nice little line of credit to have at my disposal.

BTW I have talked with their customer service now three times. Wow are they awsome!

Message 85 of 1,187
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

woop woop! I'm in. Signed up for navy league on saturday, submitted online app on sunday.

I called half an hour ago to check on status of the application and he contacted member services for me, while i was on hold I got an e-mail asking me to provide proof of eligibility.

I replied back to the e-mail with a picture of my credit card statement and a PDF of the welcome to NLUS e-mail while still on the phone, he went back in and they processed it. I got the welcome e-mail and the credit pulls right then and there.

Also, approved for a credit card for $3500. It's a good start i'm sure it'll be up alongside my other cards in the next few months when I can manage a SP cli.

Edit: approved for $10K LOC. How the EFF do you approve $3500 on a credit card and then 10K on a line of credit but ok. I asked for $10K too so not complaining. Thank you navy fed. Pretty sure my need's from here on out will mainly be serviced by my local CU, penfed and/or navyfed. 

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 86 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@jeffm4688 wrote:

woop woop! I'm in. Signed up for navy league on saturday, submitted online app on sunday.

I called half an hour ago to check on status of the application and he contacted member services for me, while i was on hold I got an e-mail asking me to provide proof of eligibility.

I replied back to the e-mail with a picture of my credit card statement and a PDF of the welcome to NLUS e-mail while still on the phone, he went back in and they processed it. I got the welcome e-mail and the credit pulls right then and there.

Also, approved for a credit card for $3500. It's a good start i'm sure it'll be up alongside my other cards in the next few months when I can manage a SP cli.

Edit: approved for $10K LOC. How the EFF do you approve $3500 on a credit card and then 10K on a line of credit but ok. I asked for $10K too so not complaining. Thank you navy fed. Pretty sure my need's from here on out will mainly be serviced by my local CU, penfed and/or navyfed. 

Congrats!

Message 87 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see this as an annual membership so are you guys cancelling or keeping the $25 going every year?

Message 88 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I planning renewing my membership every year. The Navy League is an excellent organization, in my opinion.
Message 89 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

Absolutely!

Message 90 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.