Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Community Leader
Super Contributor
Posts: 13,866
Registered: ‎04-16-2014
0 Kudos

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well


someg33k wrote:

This works as described. Thank you for those that shared this information!

 

TBH I could have joined via my Son and daughter in-law. both are members as they are Navy personel. But I waited to find a way to get in on my own.

 

 

I joined NLUS this past Friday afternoon online and selected San Diego (I live in Ohio). Got my welcoome emails within minutes of the that transaction.

 

Filled out all the NFCU paperwork right after, sent that via email along with the other supporting documentaton I knew they would want. Such as my ID and the emails from NLUS.

 

 

Today I got a HP on TU and about 10 minutes after the HP notification I got a welcome email from NFCU.

 

NFCU Welcome.JPG


Thanks for info..Did mine on friday as well.. Hopefully I get it todaySmiley Happy

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Community Leader
Super Contributor
Posts: 13,866
Registered: ‎04-16-2014
0 Kudos

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

So called them today on status of application.. Long story short note on application that they couldn't read driver's liecense.. Thought it was pretty dang legible.. Anyways re-scanned it again today and made it lighter into pdf also included SS card even though they didn't ask for it just for another piece of information and re emailed it.. Hopefully they will approve the membership tomorrow for me.

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Established Contributor
Posts: 646
Registered: ‎01-02-2014

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well


CreditCuriousity wrote:

So called them today on status of application.. Long story short note on application that they couldn't read driver's liecense.. Thought it was pretty dang legible.. Anyways re-scanned it again today and made it lighter into pdf also included SS card even though they didn't ask for it just for another piece of information and re emailed it.. Hopefully they will approve the membership tomorrow for me.


Good luck!

 

When I sent my stuff in I sent everyything in one bundle. DL scan, SS card scan, even sent the header of a bank statement for address verification just in case. Smiley Wink

 

You'll have a welcome email by lunch time tomorrow!

Community Leader
Super Contributor
Posts: 13,866
Registered: ‎04-16-2014
0 Kudos

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well


someg33k wrote:

CreditCuriousity wrote:

So called them today on status of application.. Long story short note on application that they couldn't read driver's liecense.. Thought it was pretty dang legible.. Anyways re-scanned it again today and made it lighter into pdf also included SS card even though they didn't ask for it just for another piece of information and re emailed it.. Hopefully they will approve the membership tomorrow for me.


Good luck!

 

When I sent my stuff in I sent everyything in one bundle. DL scan, SS card scan, even sent the header of a bank statement for address verification just in case. Smiley Wink

 

You'll have a welcome email by lunch time tomorrow!


Thanks I hope so!  Apply for any Credit yet with them?

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Established Contributor
Posts: 646
Registered: ‎01-02-2014

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well


CreditCuriousity wrote:

someg33k wrote:

CreditCuriousity wrote:

So called them today on status of application.. Long story short note on application that they couldn't read driver's liecense.. Thought it was pretty dang legible.. Anyways re-scanned it again today and made it lighter into pdf also included SS card even though they didn't ask for it just for another piece of information and re emailed it.. Hopefully they will approve the membership tomorrow for me.


Good luck!

 

When I sent my stuff in I sent everyything in one bundle. DL scan, SS card scan, even sent the header of a bank statement for address verification just in case. Smiley Wink

 

You'll have a welcome email by lunch time tomorrow!


Thanks I hope so!  Apply for any Credit yet with them?


No CC yet, trying to make up my mind on that.

 

I did apply for the Naval Check / Checking credit thing. I did not follow advice on the board and only asked for 10K not 15K. Instant approved for the 10K. That's a pretty nice little line of credit to have at my disposal.

 

BTW I have talked with their customer service now three times. Wow are they awsome!

 

 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 353
Registered: ‎02-16-2015

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

[ Edited ]

woop woop! I'm in. Signed up for navy league on saturday, submitted online app on sunday.

 

I called half an hour ago to check on status of the application and he contacted member services for me, while i was on hold I got an e-mail asking me to provide proof of eligibility.

 

I replied back to the e-mail with a picture of my credit card statement and a PDF of the welcome to NLUS e-mail while still on the phone, he went back in and they processed it. I got the welcome e-mail and the credit pulls right then and there.

 

Also, approved for a credit card for $3500. It's a good start i'm sure it'll be up alongside my other cards in the next few months when I can manage a SP cli.

 

Edit: approved for $10K LOC. How the EFF do you approve $3500 on a credit card and then 10K on a line of credit but ok. I asked for $10K too so not complaining. Thank you navy fed. Pretty sure my need's from here on out will mainly be serviced by my local CU, penfed and/or navyfed. 


FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685
Amex Plat - NPSL | NavyFed Flagship - $22K | Penfed Plat RW - $21K | NavyFed Cash Rewards - $16K | Freedom - $22.7K | USAA Visa - $22K | BoA Cash Rewards - $11K | Marvel MC - $8K | Cap 1 QS - $8K | Amex Delta Gold - $8K | DCU Rewards - $7.5K | Amazon - $6K | Walmart MC - $6K | Discover IT - $5.5K | Jared - $4K | Besybuy Visa - $3K | IHG - $2.5K | Amex ED - $1K
Established Contributor
Posts: 844
Registered: ‎09-04-2012
0 Kudos

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well


jeffm4688 wrote:

woop woop! I'm in. Signed up for navy league on saturday, submitted online app on sunday.

 

I called half an hour ago to check on status of the application and he contacted member services for me, while i was on hold I got an e-mail asking me to provide proof of eligibility.

 

I replied back to the e-mail with a picture of my credit card statement and a PDF of the welcome to NLUS e-mail while still on the phone, he went back in and they processed it. I got the welcome e-mail and the credit pulls right then and there.

 

Also, approved for a credit card for $3500. It's a good start i'm sure it'll be up alongside my other cards in the next few months when I can manage a SP cli.

 

Edit: approved for $10K LOC. How the EFF do you approve $3500 on a credit card and then 10K on a line of credit but ok. I asked for $10K too so not complaining. Thank you navy fed. Pretty sure my need's from here on out will mainly be serviced by my local CU, penfed and/or navyfed. 


Congrats!

New Member
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎12-13-2014
0 Kudos

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

I see this as an annual membership so are you guys cancelling or keeping the $25 going every year?

Established Contributor
Posts: 844
Registered: ‎09-04-2012

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

I planning renewing my membership every year. The Navy League is an excellent organization, in my opinion.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 138
Registered: ‎01-19-2009

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

Absolutely!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.