Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa Closed my Saviings account - Grr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nasa Closed my Saviings account - Grr

I have $50 in mine.  They better not steal it.

Message 11 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You might be safe since you have the Nasa CC, although don't no..  I think they would only deduct $5 and give you 45$ back and close the account?

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You might be safe since you have the Nasa CC, although don't no..  I think they would only deduct $5 and give you 45$ back and close the account?

That would be fine.  As long as they touch the CC, I'll be happy.  Have no plans to ever pit anymore money with them.  I use PenFed fir some savings with NFCU as my main bank.  This post did remind me that I never got my $50 back from that credit union you sucked me into it, Evansville Teachers Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

I'm sure if you have a product of theirs your safe!
Message 14 of 27
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, do you have a CC or a PLOC with them?

I am wondering why they are closing the saving account. This is the one that you opened to be a member, right?

Nah I opened it to do the SP CC thing.. My credit wasn't in near as good as shape it is in today thus was declined at the time.. Opened it for the CC, but as stated wasn't approved for it over a year ago thus they closed it for no use..  Kinda weird, but whatever as they have a policy of no use or under 200 in savings they close it.. They said I can re-open it and be another SP, but wonder if a CC app would be a SP as well if I was to re-open it? hmmm.  Wasn't ended with a bad relationship, just policy

I would deposit another $200 in the account to get it back open. although you were declined for the CC as i was. I knew the main reason was because of too many inquiries in a short period of time. I know for sure i will go 6 months without apping anything now and in march, im gonna hit them up again for another credit card. would be nice to get one of those 30k limits.

This thread made me look at my account. and looks like the intial $100 i put in my checking account is not down to $46 bucks as they have been charging me $8 a month maintanance. Im gonna call first thing in the morning and tell them to transfer it to my savings and close the checking i don't need it. and i will put another $150 in savings to prevent from beings closed and in march. Credit card time.

Message 15 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering why they are closing the saving account. This is the one that you opened to be a member, right?

Nah I opened it to do the SP CC thing.. My credit wasn't in near as good as shape it is in today thus was declined at the time.. Opened it for the CC, but as stated wasn't approved for it over a year ago thus they closed it for no use..  Kinda weird, but whatever as they have a policy of no use or under 200 in savings they close it.. They said I can re-open it and be another SP, but wonder if a CC app would be a SP as well if I was to re-open it? hmmm.  Wasn't ended with a bad relationship, just policy

I would deposit another $200 in the account to get it back open. although you were declined for the CC as i was. I knew the main reason was because of too many inquiries in a short period of time. I know for sure i will go 6 months without apping anything now and in march, im gonna hit them up again for another credit card. would be nice to get one of those 30k limits.

+1 Should be a soft pull for everything CC. Both of you guys will get approved on the next try I'm sure. I've been trying to get a relationship set up with several of these CU's.

Applied for membership with NFCU today which will be my 5th CU and 7th banking institution. Just waiting on a response. I'll wait atleast 6 months before I apped with them though. Got to let these accounts age and do some card consolidating. My goal is to have 10 cards max with all between $20K and $30K CL's.

Message 16 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be fine.  As long as they touch the CC, I'll be happy.  Have no plans to ever pit anymore money with them.  I use PenFed fir some savings with NFCU as my main bank.  This post did remind me that I never got my $50 back from that credit union you sucked me into it, Evansville Teachers Smiley Very Happy

LOL have you applied for the their CC yet?  I have been scared to as one person got shot down hard awhile ago Smiley Happy..  I actualy use Evansville for a bit of a savings account along with have a checking account / debit card with them.. I have a very very small like 1% portion of my paycheck that goes into Evansville CU every month.  They send me emails all the times asking me to appy for their CC, but I think my rapid credit expansion might scare those teachers! ?

Message 17 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This thread made me look at my account. and looks like the intial $100 i put in my checking account is not down to $46 bucks as they have been charging me $8 a month maintanance. Im gonna call first thing in the morning and tell them to transfer it to my savings and close the checking i don't need it. and i will put another $150 in savings to prevent from beings closed and in march. Credit card time.

Ouch thank god you checked this as CenturionKing a user on here had a checking account and think he funded it with $50 dollars long story short they about put him in collections on overdrawing his account due to 8 monthly fee..  Blood suckers I telll ya..Smiley Happy.. He had to call and as I remember pay right then so it didn't go to collections!   Thank god you caught it!

Message 18 of 27
ddemari
Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up! I will be throwing 15 bucks in their tomorrow to keep its livelihood.
Message 19 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Im glad I was proactive over the summer and just closed my savings with them. They denied me a CC...The nerve of them!!! LMAO!!! I can't for the life of me figure out why either, hehehe Smiley Wink
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.