Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal CU CLOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal CU CLOC

Good evening,

Just a quick question, is the Checking Line of Credit easier to obtain than a credit card from Navy Federal Credit Union? I ask because I was approved for a checking line of credit in the amout of 7500 but only 1k on their cash rewards. Curious to hear others opinions and personal experiences. Looking forward to hearing them. Thank you

-Allen 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal CU CLOC

Hi Knightowl, im sure you will find conflicting answers on this one because many have had easier with cc than cloc while others have had opposite experiences. I havent tried for a cloc yet so not sure but i do know they are 2 different departments.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me the the card was instant, the CLOC wasn't. Also, I had to provide way more documentation for the CLOC.  My CL on the CC was ~12K, CLOC was 6k. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me the cloc was a whole lot easier as i got denied twice for the cards I di end up grabbing a secured though i started with a 500 cloc and a week later got 5000
Message 4 of 6
creditmonger
Contributor

In the six months Ive been w NFCU Ive been denied twice for cc but approved for a 10K loan and a 10K CLOC. 

BK13 was DC 12/15. 

BK13 DC 12/15. 740 scores/18 inqs (about)
VentureOne 28K. Marvel MC 25K. PFCU: Promise 19K; PLOC 10K; Rewards 5K.
NFCU: Plat 15K; Flagship 15K; CLOC 10K
Barclays Aviator 12K; Jet Blue $500 (for the miles).
BOA 8K. Discover 10K/5K. 5/3 10K. PPC 7K
PPMC 10K. TD Ameritrade $1500
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me when I originally applied for gorewards was instant approval for $22100, two hour later applied for the CLOC, I asked for the full amount and was instantly approved for $15000. No POI required.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.