cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal CU - The REAL way in for those that dont qualify.

tag
NycKid175
New Contributor

Re: Navy Federal CU - The REAL way in for those that dont qualify.

Awesome how about on the Employment Information box? Do I leave that blank also? Thanks

Message 31 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filled in my actual employer information - but it doesn't matter because that's not how I was eligible.

Message 32 of 216
NycKid175
New Contributor

I really appreciate your information you been great help one last thing can you tell us what process you took to get approved? You followed these steps and you were instantly approved or did you take extra steps? Thanks

Message 33 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed the paper app and my Navy League welcome letter to the address in the original post.

NFCU asked for more proof of membership (in the Navy League) a few days later. I sent what they asked for. They approved me a few days after that. It's a very slow process, but not a very complicated process.

Message 34 of 216
NycKid175
New Contributor

OK awesome now when Navy Federal asked for more proof of membership what extra paperwork did you provided them with? I thought the Navy League Welcome Aboard e-mail was sufficient enough to be granted approval or no? Thanks

Message 35 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-read the foregoing pages. It's not that big of a deal. You're over-thinking it.

NFCU said they could not verify my Navy League invoice, so they asked me to provide my credit card statement where I paid the Navy League to prove it was really me. So I provided them my credit card statement as proof I paid the Navy League. The welcome aboard email should have been enough, but in my case there was some problem verifying that email, so they asked for a credit card statement. No big deal.

Message 36 of 216
NycKid175
New Contributor

Ohhh OK got it sorry for all the question I just wanted to clarify everything once again I really appreciate your help I am sending my documents via e-mail as we speak and I will report back on my status thank youuu! Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to say it again, dont forget to also send in your two forms of ID along with your app and Navy League proof.  NFCU will hold your app and delay the process if you dont supply your two forms of ID.  I used my DL and my SS card.  Both scanned on the same paper, and attached to the email with the other two docs.

Message 38 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working on this now! I've wanted a way in so bad!
Message 39 of 216
NycKid175
New Contributor

Yes I send a copy of my Driver License and Passport on one page then I scanned it and attached it along with the other documents so far I got an e-mail confirming that they received my documents I just have to wait two business days to get a reply back hopefully tomorrow I will report back as soon as I get a reply back Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 216
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.