cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal CU - The REAL way in for those that dont qualify.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal CU - The REAL way in for those that dont qualify.

I didn't. It will show up as $-5.0 in savings account
Message 71 of 216
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Hey there everyone. This thread inspired me to step out of the garden and try NFCU. I just joined the San Diego chapter of the Navy League, got the welcome email. I called NFCU's customer service because I had a question about the membership application. The lady I spoke with said since I already had the email, she suggested bring it along with my ID's, SSN card, a ulitity bill, and money to fund the account to a nearby branch. 

I'm going in the morning and I hope this works. I've wanted to join this credit union for years. I will report back and let you know what happens.

Thanks for the info!

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

Message 72 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Hey there everyone. This thread inspired me to step out of the garden and try NFCU. I just joined the San Diego chapter of the Navy League, got the welcome email. I called NFCU's customer service because I had a question about the membership application. The lady I spoke with said since I already had the email, she suggested bring it along with my ID's, SSN card, a ulitity bill, and money to fund the account to a nearby branch. 

I'm going in the morning and I hope this works. I've wanted to join this credit union for years. I will report back and let you know what happens.

Thanks for the info!

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

That's awesome! 

Message 73 of 216
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Well, here's my update:

I was approved for membership! I opened checking and savings accounts. I was approved for $500 NavCheck, and $14,2000 cash rewards card!!!! I was speechless about the credit card! I'm definitely going to treat them right!!!!

Thank you to everyone, especially YoureWelcom, but for this post!!!!

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach
Message 74 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!! What are your scores? You're tempting me to stroll out of the garden. 😂😂😂 

Message 75 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDunce wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

3) Although, you didn't want the HP at this point it's done...you might want to go ahead and app for a product while the HP is 'hot'...

Who knows, youi already said you bounced 19 points, might as well grab a TL while you're at it, and at least let it age...while that HP ages?

Navy is freaking outstanding with approvals and CLI's IMO grab it while the grabbings good the cars have no AF and grow like wildfire.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

I am not trying to be critical, but normally NFCU pulls TU for membership.  Each credit app will result in an EQ pull.  It doesn't matter if you app now or next year, they will pull your EQ each time.  Sometimes they pull a random CR for membership/app, but they are going to pull.  CLI's may or may not be a HP.  Personally, I don't think HPs are a big deal.

This is correct. As great as Navy is, they're pull happy. Want 3 credit products? You'll get three more pulls.

Message 76 of 216
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

YoureWelcome,

Thank you so much for posting this. I joined the Navy League last night, and they are an awesome orginization!!!!

I became a member of Navy Federal today because you posted  a great way to get into the CU.

I got a checking, savings, NavChek, and cashrewards creditcard accounts today!

I am definitely going to them for a mortgage or HELOC in 2 years.

Thank you!!!! You will never know much appreciate the gesture you made by creating to this thread.

Life's a beach.

Guyatthebeach

Message 77 of 216
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Tryingtobefinanciallyfree,

They pulled TU twice, which was 689, and EQ three times, which was 699. 

I had a great day today so I'm not being critical at all at the amount of pulls NFCU made today.

I'm going into the garden and dont plan on leaving the garden until 2018.

Life's a beach!!!!

Guyatthebeach

Message 78 of 216
elim
Senior Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Tryingtobefinanciallyfree,

They pulled TU twice, which was 689, and EQ three times, which was 699. 

I had a great day today so I'm not being critical at all at the amount of pulls NFCU made today.

I'm going into the garden and dont plan on leaving the garden until 2018.

Life's a beach!!!!

Guyatthebeach

What APR's did you get on those products?

Congrats    :]

Message 79 of 216
olivegirl
Regular Contributor

I also joined the San Diego chapter of the Navy League! Faxed in my application this past Wednesday. Called on yesterday to confirm receipt, but membership had no record of receiving it. I was advised that I could either apply over the phone or go into a branch. I opted to go into a branch and I am now a member. I received my account number and a debit card. My account will be funded through electronic funds transfer on Tuesday. Yeay!!!

Message 80 of 216
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.