Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Navy Federal

I'm not sure where to post this just need to vent for a minute, so yesterday I finally decided it was time to join Navy Fed and get into the door with them , yes I am eligible through my sister , who we share the same mother , and she has been a member with them for 10 plus years they joined when my brother in law was still in Navy , anyways I fill everything out using her access I'd and do all my application online , I opened a savings and checking acct , added my fiancé as joint account, then when everything was set up and approved for me , I called to make sure he could have his own account so he could apply for the products , they said yes since we share the same household address, so we set him up , he has approved instantly for 1600 SL in cash rewards last night then he applied for the LOC , got one hour review message , waited and waited and nothing around 9 pm we tried to log into his account to see if he had any message and it was locked , we called the said he needed to send copies of I'd and a bill to verify address , that is understandable so we immediately sent in the document that they asked for . Then this morning I wake up to check my status of my app for the cash rewards and I'm am now locked out , I call and they ACCUSED ME OF FRAUDULENTLY opening membership , they would not give me any details what so ever , asked to speak to Superior, or security dept they would not talk to me , they insist I fill out this form which has nothing to do with the situation , it's a form to file I'd theft or fraud against your accounts , spend several hours this morning on the phone , the last rep filled out the form for me bc it didn't make any sense and I didn't know what to say , she basically said this is not a fraudulent membership, I myself opened the account with my sister as sponser, she told me to fax to security dept, I asked if I should send in supporting documentation, she said no but I am going to anyways bc I want to prove myself and my eligibility, so anyway I am waiting to go fax this stuff in , she said it could be another few days bf I even hear anything back, this is so upsetting for one bc they already took my money to fund the accounts and said I eligible and then decide later that it's fraud and freeze my accounts and basically accuse me of being a fraud , I am beside myself after reading all the horror stories on here about some others troubles with this type of thing, I know they have to do their job and make sure everything is correct and you are eligible, but why not do that first ? Don't take ppl money and freeze their account, I'm am just so upset , after all the wonderful stuff I've read about them . Anyways I hope it gets cleared soon, I am not a fraud , my membership is solid according to thier website . I don't get it .
Message 1 of 103
102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal

@Aduke1122 wrote:
I'm not sure where to post this just need to vent for a minute, so yesterday I finally decided it was time to join Navy Fed and get into the door with them , yes I am eligible through my sister , who we share the same mother , and she has been a member with them for 10 plus years they joined when my brother in law was still in Navy , anyways I fill everything out using her access I'd and do all my application online , I opened a savings and checking acct , added my fiancé as joint account, then when everything was set up and approved for me , I called to make sure he could have his own account so he could apply for the products , they said yes since we share the same household address, so we set him up , he has approved instantly for 1600 SL in cash rewards last night then he applied for the LOC , got one hour review message , waited and waited and nothing around 9 pm we tried to log into his account to see if he had any message and it was locked , we called the said he needed to send copies of I'd and a bill to verify address , that is understandable so we immediately sent in the document that they asked for . Then this morning I wake up to check my status of my app for the cash rewards and I'm am now locked out , I call and they ACCUSED ME OF FRAUDULENTLY opening membership , they would not give me any details what so ever , asked to speak to Superior, or security dept they would not talk to me , they insist I fill out this form which has nothing to do with the situation , it's a form to file I'd theft or fraud against your accounts , spend several hours this morning on the phone , the last rep filled out the form for me bc it didn't make any sense and I didn't know what to say , she basically said this is not a fraudulent membership, I myself opened the account with my sister as sponser, she told me to fax to security dept, I asked if I should send in supporting documentation, she said no but I am going to anyways bc I want to prove myself and my eligibility, so anyway I am waiting to go fax this stuff in , she said it could be another few days bf I even hear anything back, this is so upsetting for one bc they already took my money to fund the accounts and said I eligible and then decide later that it's fraud and freeze my accounts and basically accuse me of being a fraud , I am beside myself after reading all the horror stories on here about some others troubles with this type of thing, I know they have to do their job and make sure everything is correct and you are eligible, but why not do that first ? Don't take ppl money and freeze their account, I'm am just so upset , after all the wonderful stuff I've read about them . Anyways I hope it gets cleared soon, I am not a fraud , my membership is solid according to thier website . I don't get it .

There are several threads in Personal Finance relating to similiar experiences. I and others would love to see you discuss this in Personal Finance.

Message 2 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might make it easier for others to read:

I'm not sure where to post this just need to vent for a minute, so yesterday I finally decided it was time to join Navy  and get into the door with them , yes I am eligible through my sister , who we share the same mother , and she has been a member with them for 10 plus years they joined when my brother in law was still in Navy , anyways I fill everything out using her access I'd and do all my application online , I opened a savings and checking acct , added my fiancé as joint account, then when everything was set up and approved for me , I called to make sure he could have his own account so he could apply for the products , they said yes since we share the same household address, so we set him up , he has approved instantly for 1600 SL in cash rewards last night then he applied for the LOC , got one hour review message , waited and waited and nothing around 9 pm we tried to log into his account to see if he had any message and it was locked , we called the said he needed to send copies of I'd and a bill to verify address , that is understandable so we immediately sent in the document that they asked for .

Then this morning I wake up to check my status of my app for the cash rewards and I'm am now locked out , I call and they ACCUSED ME OF FRAUDULENTLY opening membership , they would not give me any details what so ever , asked to speak to Superior, or security dept they would not talk to me , they insist I fill out this form which has nothing to do with the situation , it's a form to file I'd theft or fraud against your accounts , spend several hours this morning on the phone , the last rep filled out the form for me bc it didn't make any sense and I didn't know what to say , she basically said this is not a fraudulent membership, I myself opened the account with my sister as sponser, she told me to fax to security dept, I asked if I should send in supporting documentation, she said no but I am going to anyways bc I want to prove myself and my eligibility, so anyway I am waiting to go fax this stuff in , she said it could be another few days bf I even hear anything back, this is so upsetting for one bc they already took my money to fund the accounts and said I eligible and then decide later that it's fraud and freeze my accounts and basically accuse me of being a fraud , I am beside myself after reading all the horror stories on here about some others troubles with this type of thing,

I know they have to do their job and make sure everything is correct and you are eligible, but why not do that first ? Don't take ppl money and freeze their account, I'm am just so upset , after all the wonderful stuff I've read about them . Anyways I hope it gets cleared soon, I am not a fraud , my membership is solid according to thier website . I don't get it .

Message 3 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry this happened to you, OP. I had to fill out the same form after being approved for everything. When you fax the documents they will go in a queue to be processed. On Monday, the fraud department was just working on last Thursday's faxes so it is going to take a while.

Good luck to you and again check out the threads in Personal Finance.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/bd-p/Retirement

Message 4 of 103
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thank you everyone I'll repost there , also MusicLover so this just happened to you recently ? Are you still locked out of the account with no resolution ?
Message 5 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I am. The whole story is in the NFCU threads in Personal Finance.

Message 6 of 103
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Yikes, please use paragraphs.

It happens.  It does suck but it should get sorted out if you are eligible and eligibility can be verified.

Message 7 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened, OP.

palmdale and musiclover both have situations similar to your in terms of NFCU looking at it as potential fraud, and asking you to fill out fraud-related forms.

It may be helpful to talk to them both, and to read their posts.

My situation is a bit different as the NFCU membership department accepted my Navy League documents and information. I asked them at the time they approved membership if they also needed proof of ID and proof of residency, and was told more than once that they did not.

They approved credit products and accounts and froze access 11 hours later.

Mine is still frozen and I can't access my accounts or my money, but my situation occurred because the NFCU BSA (compliance) department is required to get proof of ID and proof of residency for all members, and membership did not give me the correct information.

Membership did not need the documents, but BSA did.

So now I'm in waiting mode until they get around to reviewing my proof of ID and proof of residency documents.

I'm already a member, so it's not a question of approving membership at this point.

Every situation is different, however, so I can only speak to my own situation.

I think you are VERY wise to send in documents you think would be helpful to your case. It may head off some problems at the pass.

Good luck.

Message 8 of 103
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thank you for your response, so maybe instead of sending the security dept all of my documents for identity I should send it to the BSA email instead? The rep keep telling me not to send documents of identity to security office that all they need is this form and my explanation that I myself opened the account and no one else , that it is not fraud and I am eligible.
Message 9 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Thank you for your response, so maybe instead of sending the security dept all of my documents for identity I should send it to the BSA email instead? The rep keep telling me not to send documents of identity to security office that all they need is this form and my explanation that I myself opened the account and no one else , that it is not fraud and I am eligible.

No, they should go to the fax number you were given. It has to be faxed because they need your signature, not an electronic signature. 

Message 10 of 103
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.