Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy federal denial with Navy league!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy federal denial with Navy league!

For 2 weeks I called in just now and the girl says they are denying all applications that is Navy League only. Congratulations to the ones who got in it was fun while it lasted. Imo I threw away 25 bucks, and months of anticipation and borderline jealousy.
The policy to kill application started just this week she said, mine had been pending since early May.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy federal denial with Navy league!

Sorry fordguy that you couldnt join. There are other credit unions like pen fed etc that does accept membership via specific organizations. Your donation to navy league works for penfed too. There is no shame in feeling that you wasted money. Its your feeling which is valid and perhaps i would feel the same if i were in your shoes. And that has nothing to do with how you feel for your country. Every one has a different idea of how they love their country. It is love after all not some sort of 'this is the only way ' religion. Im grateful  that navy league was one of the methods with which many people could join and i am sure they got a lot of donations from many members before but now it does help you join penfed if havent already. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to chime in but not gonna touch this one. Sorry to hear fordguy89...try PenFed...good luck!!...Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
For 2 weeks I called in just now and the girl says they are denying all applications that is Navy League only. Congratulations to the ones who got in it was fun while it lasted. Imo I threw away 25 bucks, and months of anticipation and borderline jealousy.
The policy to kill application started just this week she said, mine had been pending since early May.

I suspect that they were told internally to stop processing applications with NLUS a few days or even weeks before it was announced last Friday. Sorry you were not able to get in. But you did help the NLUS with your donation.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have done a little more research and reading on this before sending my application off today. I didn't look more into it until I already emailed everything over but it's no big deal. I will get denied, but don't regret giving $25 to NLUS. Kind of wish I had done it a lot sooner before they ended eligibility with NLUS.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You want to chime in judging me for trying to get thru the loophole you should attack all the people who succeeded too. It is my fault for not trying again back in October when I became a Navy League member. I waited too long. it is like a country redrawing its borders. Oh well.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You want to chime in judging me for trying to get thru the loophole you should attack all the people who succeeded too. It is my fault for not trying again back in October when I became a Navy League member. I waited too long. it is like a country redrawing its borders. Oh well.

No not for judging you...for others judging you....I feel bad that this loophole has gone away...good luck in the future. Are you going to try PenFed? BTW it looks like that post was removed....

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im already with penfed but i have a paid 2013 charge-off and 16 inquiries… 4 from penfed. 4 denials since 2015.. A 700 with penfed is equivalent to a 500 with navy fed as far as approvals and growth. A reason for the reasons.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU will let you in if a family member (even if deceased) was in the military and also if you share a residence with a past military person
Message 9 of 14
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Yes It's no longer in effect that's why I joined penfed. They should delete that thread because it's no longer valid
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.