Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with NFCU

I recently applied for NFCU everyday checking accountas i have joined navy league sand diego. I am just about to go on a cruise in 2 weeks from tomorrow, and would really like to be apart of them before I leave for the cruise. I would really like the cashrewards credit card from them. They said they were over a onth behind on applications. Any way to speed them up on the application process so maybe I could get in sooner?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with NFCU

Have you called and explained your situation? They may be willing to process it while you're on the phone. 
Message 2 of 8
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Same here. I joined Navy League SD and emailed my application and everything on 4/11 and heard back from them a few days later. They said they can't open up the PDF files i sent so I re-send everything(4/14). Called them a few times since last week to ask for a status update, some CRs couldn't locate my applications and ONLY 1 person found something and said that everything looks good and that I should call back today(4/21) for another status update. I did, talked to a CR and asked about the status. First, he couldn't find anything and I told him i emailed my application and I am joining through Navy League. I gave him email and ask if maybe he can pull something - he did. He said he could get the membership department to submit my applications. He put me on hold and then came back and said that I passed the initial review and that I am moving on to the next step - to check my idenity? I sent them my Driver License and passport. He said I should have a decision by Monday ... or sometimes next week. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patience is a virtue!!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...It's getting like THAT to even 'join' the CU?

That's amazing....its like ppl waiting to see if they got in to a certain college or pick in the draft

The University of Navy Federal would like to extend you this acceptance certificate, please frame it...
You were a 2nd pick
Your sibling has been Wait Listed
😀
Message 5 of 8
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

I know lol. . . It's my first time going the extra miles to TRY to join a CU !

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't feel so bad. I was worried since my fax application on Monday hasn't been acknowledged yet.

Message 7 of 8
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

It took almost two weeks for them to process my application after snail-mailing one in,  Fortunately, I saw the pull on my TU report, and the next day I set up my online account and got things started, funds transferred.  They didn't call me to welcome or set things up for another week though, but application for a credit card was offered at that time.  Even if it had been an immediate approval, the overall process to the point of delivery of a card would have taken a month.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.