Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need new checking accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need new checking accounts

Does anyone know a bank I can open an account with if I owe another bank. I live in Illinois

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need new checking accounts

Depends on how you "owe" another bank.  Did you have a negative checking account get closed or such?  If so then you are likely in ChexSystems which would be a possible deal breaker establishing with a new bank.  You can reach out to ChexSystems and have them mail you a copy of what (even if it is nothing) they have on file under your SS number.

Message 2 of 5
selena
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know a bank I can open an account with if I owe another bank. I live in Illinois

I live in Illinois and I heard that some credit unions can be forgiving. I also heard the checking accounts they offer at the mini bank or credit union idk what it is located in Wal-Mart will too. I'm not sure if that's what your looking for. But I would definitley check Chexsystems as well so you know what kinda information banks will see when you go to open an account.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I saw Woodforest Bank offers second chance checking. They are located in Walmart stores.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank is also a second chance bank..depends on the situation and how much you owe chex systems and how many accounts you had charge off. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.