Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New @ NFCU! No Credit Pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New @ NFCU! No Credit Pull?

I applied last Friday and they wanted additional prrof of address, I decided to go to a branch and have some fun in that town while I was there. There was no hard pull for me to join. At least none that has shown up yet. If that is indeed the case, it will make for an interesting Data point. I did not ask for the CC just straight checking atm.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New @ NFCU! No Credit Pull?

For me NFCU hard pulls took sopme time to show, i believe 1-2 weeks. Of course as always YMMV.

Although I was SP approved for the Platnium card, HP and POI

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied last Friday and they wanted additional prrof of address, I decided to go to a branch and have some fun in that town while I was there. There was no hard pull for me to join. At least none that has shown up yet. If that is indeed the case, it will make for an interesting Data point. I did not ask for the CC just straight checking atm.

for CLOC and membership. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its been nearly a week and no HP showing. I think I might have slipped through the cracks so far.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be going to NFCU Saturday to open a checkings so i can start building history.  Maybe a small direct deposit.  Hopefully no HP for that. Don't need CCs at the moment.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are ultra nice there! Took all of about 15 minutes once I got back, maby a half hour or so total. The one I went to is in Cleveland.

Message 5 of 10
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Hmmm.  I opened mine in branch in Leavenworth, KS and there WAS a HP that showed up the next day.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Hmmm.  I opened mine in branch in Leavenworth, KS and there WAS a HP that showed up the next day.

I am as surprised as you. Ive been looking every day and there is no HP. I think I might step out of the garden and app for a card today to see what happens.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll see how my experience goes tomorrow, I'm in San Diego.  If they can use the HP for the Checkings to apply for one of theirs cards, i might pull the trigger.

Which card do you recommend? anyone.  I like cash back, i have plenty of travel cards. 

Message 8 of 10
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I went with the Platinum as it has the lowest interest rate...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 9 of 10
A1Credit
Established Contributor

When I apped for membership last week there was no hard pull.  I only received one HP on EQ for the refinance loan.  The tradeline is already showing on EQ.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.