Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to myFICO, but not new to FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to myFICO, but not new to FICO

@Fox342 wrote:

Sorry about that.  My previous post was deleted by the moderator.  I thought I toned it down, but I guess I didn't tone it down enough.  And I should not have called anyone names, like a thief, etc.  I do apologize.  I don't want to be banned from the forum so I'm trying to get my point across without breaking the forum rules.  I really enjoy reading on the forums and I believe that this a great place for people to get help or keep from getting into trouble in the first place.    

I know we're supposed to be supportive and positive and I have been with all of my other replies in other threads.  I really do want to help people avoid mistakes or help them overcome their mistakes once they've made them.  It is however very hard for me to be supportive of someone that takes out a loan when they need the money and then doesn't pay it back.  And on top of that they brag about not paying the loan back and consider that...taking on the banks and winning.  The banks were generous enough to loan out the money when it was needed...but then not paying it back is taking them on and winning?  I just don't see that. And then the same person has a goal of acheiving 250k in credit?  From the same banks they took on and won no doubt.  

I've had a lot of debt in my past...so much that I'm sure I could have claimed BK or even just not paid it back, but I knew the right thing to do was to pay back what I borrowed.  I borrowed the money regardless of my circumstances, jobless, overwhelmed with credit card debt, etc...but I still knew that I borrowed the money and I was responsible for paying it back...so I did.  It wasn't easy, and I had to make a lot of sacrifices...but I paid it all back.  I think most people feel the way I do and almost anyone can overcome their finanical problems with hard work, sacrifice, and integrity.  Yes, there are times when people need to claim BK, but I believe a lot of those people could have paid their bills back without doing that.  I've even seen people post saying that BK is the easier way out. Easier is not always better or the right thing to do.  I personally now people that have claimed BK that could have worked their way through it...they just didn't want to...and I still think that's wrong. And I've seen people that probably should have claimed BK but didn't...medical debt, etc.

As for the high fees from interest...fees and fines are added to the loan when you don't hold up your end of the bargain like you said you would when you took out the loan. The people or banks loaning the money deserve to be compensated for loaning the money that they loaned out...and if it's not paid in the time that was agreed upon then their are consequences for that...financial consequences.  And banks are more than buildings...people own banks, or own interest in banks, work in banks, etc.  Banks loan people money when they need it and for the most part that helps people.  The more people that default on their debts the more people that are affected by it...by high interest rates, etc.  If a bank closes down people lose jobs...that hurts people, the bank, and the economy.

I still stand by my belief that taking out a loan and not paying it back is wrong.  I believe in personal responsibilty.

Fox

Nothing else needs to be added to your post. I agree with you 100%. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to myFICO, but not new to FICO

OP trying to justify stealing 90k.... 

I hope someday you have a 90k dollar car and it gets stolen from your garage.  I mean you can't fault the thief, right?

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.