Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu ordeal...

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Nfcu ordeal...

I emailed my app on 1-18 i believe. On the 20th they said they received. They pended it for verification on Monday I received email asking for the same documents I originally sent I was proactive and sent more than required. I sent cable internet bill for address verification originally. Day before yesterday I sent more documents Id and proof of residence. Have heard nothing verification or bsa had it and they are taking their good old time. Really getting frustrated with them drawing this out for a week. Penfed went much smoother than this. I've wasted 46.00 on express mail because I follow up emails with hard copies to cover for any excuses they might offer didn't receive now they saying I must wait 3-5 days and get this they already cashed my check it cleared the bank on Friday night and I still have no accounts opened. I've read the horror stories about processing delays.. just frustrated ...
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nfcu ordeal...

You just gotta call in and catch a CSR who's willing to push the application through for you. I had to send in my documents a few times also. Call to check the status, if they don't push it through, just call back later on in the day. Good luck!
Message 2 of 25
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

I submitted mine on 1-17.  Called them on 1-24 because I hadn't heard back.

Spent about 40 mins on the phone with the CSR but they were very nice, able to locate my app, push it through, set up all of my online and phone banking access, plus fund my account.

I'd just call and say you wanted to check the status of your application and I'm sure they will get it taken care of for you.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 3 of 25
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

For those that left supportive comments thank you. I was able to call today and pushed it thru. Even though I did take the navy league route I was also eligible as of February 4th their field of membership is changing to include family members of veterans. My dad served in the Korean conflict so that would have made me eligible with the upcoming change I took the navy league route as it was quicker because I only have his dd 217 and I needed the dd214 from the national archives. So for the guy who replied he was outraged seems he made a false assumption not knowing all the facts. My dad is buried in national cemetery in Kentucky veterans affairs gave him free burial site and vault so I'm thankful for that.
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh my god you poor poor thing.  How will you ever survive the wait for something that was given to you that you normally wouldnt qualify for.  Oh the humanity.  Someone call the credit union police and please report this horror of a crime.  How dare Navy take some time to verify you by the loophole way you are entering their credit union.  How dare they.  The nerve.  Im personally outraged.  Maybe a march is in order at their local branch.  Please god pray for your child here so they may get into navy federal credit union in a timely manner, and they may be approved for a cash rewards card.  Amen.  Good luck and god speed my brother.

Really?? You if have nothing to contribute and feel the need to belittle the OP, don't comment.

Message 5 of 25
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Thank u for your support I appreciate you. Positive comments always lift the person up smile.
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jtw34240 wrote:
For those that left supportive comments thank you. I was able to call today and pushed it thru. Even though I did take the navy league route I was also eligible as of February 4th their field of membership is changing to include family members of veterans. My dad served in the Korean conflict so that would have made me eligible with the upcoming change I took the navy league route as it was quicker because I only have his dd 217 and I needed the dd214 from the national archives. So for the guy who replied he was outraged seems he made a false assumption not knowing all the facts. My dad is buried in national cemetery in Kentucky veterans affairs gave him free burial site and vault so I'm thankful for that.

Congrats! Did it barely change as of Feb 4th, 2016? I always thought immediate family members of veterans were eligible.  As a veteran who did not retire from the service, I was unable to join.  If not for the Navy League route, I'd be left out.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jtw34240 wrote:

Congrats! Did it barely change as of Feb 4th, 2016? I always thought immediate family members of veterans were eligible.  As a veteran who did not retire from the service, I was unable to join.  If not for the Navy League route, I'd be left out.

I think he said its changing this February 4th. They are going to get even bigger! 

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jtw34240 wrote:

I think he said its changing this February 4th. They are going to get even bigger! 

As far as I'm aware, family members of "retired" veterans were always eligiblie. Right now, veterans aren't eligible unless that's what he's referring to about the upcoming change to make all veterans who were honorablly discharged eligible to join. I can't find any articles or news regarding a change coming up next month. The last time NFCU changed their charter was in 2008 when they opened it up to all the department of defense.

Message 9 of 25
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

I spoke to navy federal the other day and they told me field of membership changing on february 6th. Well i got some updates applied for cash rewards visa approved for 1100.00 limit. I didn't even know i was approved. The system was saying still in review. It wasn't till i called and asked the status that i found out my account was opened and that they sent the card fedex and that it was due to arrive todqy. i got the card today. now it wasn't the highest credit limit but i know the increases will be good thus i'm not bothered with the smaller size limit. cash advance rate is 30 percent of credit line. i've never seen such fast service apply for a card and have it arrive by the next day. even amex isn't that fast as when i got my green card and my delta skymiles cards they came about 3 days later. it takes a day for the account to book. i did figure out that navy federal uses tys for the credit card processor. they are owned by synovus. they make bankcard processing software that used to be called the total card system (TCSI). TYS was or is Columbus Bank and Trust which is located in Columbus Georgia. That's where all their cards are mailed from Columbus Georgia. TD Bank also uses TSYS. Banks from all over the country service their cards thru TYS Total System Services.

Anyway also applied for navchek i asked for 5,000 but was turned down so i recon the decision and ask for 500 it was also approved. Small line but potential for growth so not bad i didn't get a 24k line right away but sure it will go to 5 or 10 soon. happy with navy fed they treat you right.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.