Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened an AMEX high yield savings!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Opened an AMEX high yield savings!

The process was super easy, they currently offer 1.35%, not too bad!  They did ask a few PR questions at the end for verification like, "who of these people do you know", "what cross street is closest to your current street",  etc... weird, but passed them all! There was no HP to open either. 

Im also seeing if current "relationship" with them will help move things along for me in June, which is when I'll be eligible to apply to them for a CC.(fingers crossed) Smiley Wink 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Re: Opened an AMEX high yield savings!

Does the account have any kind of mobile banking or app? Do you do it all from a PC?

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 2 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SkyCommander wrote:

Does the account have any kind of mobile banking or app? Do you do it all from a PC?

Yes, you can apply from either PC or mobile. Regardless, go to main AE website, scroll all the way to bottom, and youll see "Savings", click and follow directions.  I did apply from my PC though, just easier for me.  They say online that its mobile friendly though, so I assume they have an app since they talk about it Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

The process was super easy, they currently offer 1.35%, not too bad!  They did ask a few PR questions at the end for verification like, "who of these people do you know", "what cross street is closest to your current street",  etc... weird, but passed them all! There was no HP to open either. 

Im also seeing if current "relationship" with them will help move things along for me in June, which is when I'll be eligible to apply to them for a CC.(fingers crossed) Smiley Wink 

What Amex card is ms pizza going for ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 11
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Opened my account tonight. I already have Amex cards so my purpose of the account is to spread it around and not keep all of it in Discover. Hey I like your cards so hold onto my money now lol.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get any of those weird questions - process was fairly easy.  Linked up bank acc, but rather have it direct deposited. Bummer, they don't offer an app =(

Message 6 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Hey ya Mongs...Long time no seeSmiley Happy

Im going for the BCE in June.  May will be 5 yrs post BK file date, and Ill give 1 more month after that for good measure and luck before apping. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't get any of those weird questions - process was fairly easy.  Linked up bank acc, but rather have it direct deposited. Bummer, they don't offer an app =(

Same here no weird questions about past addresses, work, people I know ect. I did get them when I applied for a money market account with Redneck Bank.

Message 8 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Hey ya Mongs...Long time no seeSmiley Happy

Im going for the BCE in June.  May will be 5 yrs post BK file date, and Ill give 1 more month after that for good measure and luck before apping. Smiley Wink

Sounds like ms pizza has a plan, I think pizza has been hiding havent seen her in forevers lol. BTW funny thing after replying in this thread i got the 1.35% offer in the mail what a coincedence!!

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 11
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Anyone else getting that one time login code screen each time you sign in? I'm doing it from my iPad and I select remember this device but I keep having to enter an email code to get into my account.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.