cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Savings Accounts with 7.52% APY?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Other Savings Accounts with 7.52% APY?

Got another one for the list - Associated CU

https://www.acuonline.org/

4.00% APY on the first $500 - requirements to earn are a $50 average daily balance, active checking account, and either direct deposit or eStatements

As for field of membership - they literally state 'Anyone Can Join' on their home page

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

4.00% APY on the first $500 - requirements to earn are a $50 average daily balance, active checking account, and either direct deposit or eStatements

As for field of membership - they literally state 'Anyone Can Join' on their home page

Hey Hey! Thanks for the tip. Added to the list:

Obee: 7.52%

Inspirus: 7.00% (Direct deposit required)

STCU: 5.09%

BECU: 4.07%

ACU: 4.00%

DCU: 3.04%

With these 6, I should gross around $153.00/year (5.12% average return) on $3k - Pretty good. equivalent to $7650 worth of spend on my Citi DC. Not quite as good as index funds, but way less volatile. And A LOT better than the pharma companies I'm holding in one of my brokerage account right now.

@Vegas4Play:

STCU, as far as I can tell (haven't joined yet), has no requirements. Kinda odd, but the First5 account is mandatory if you open an account online.

BECU is the next easiest - One debit card transaction a month. Once I get my card, I'll move over the billing on email hosting through Google ($5/month) there. If I end up using a different CU as my main hub, I'll setup a once a year transfer for the $60 into the checking account.

Obee is a little tougher - Three debit card transactions per month or $100 in direct deposit. Haven't quite hammered that one out yet. I think it'll either be my morning coffee card, or I'll setup a direct deposit from my side business. I'll have to do that if I pull the trigger on Inspirus, anyway. Still need to look into what that would entail from the employer side.

ACU seems pretty good, no requirements from my brief look. Haven't had the time to pull the Truth in Savings statements for the rest - Still in search mode, right now.

Not going to go to any crazy lengths to maintain these accounts. So far, it's looking like STCU, BECU, ACU, and Obee are going to be easy to handle. I should be able to finagle a more or less automated way to take care of the rest. At the end of the day, if I keep a 5ish-% APY average across 11 acounts (to match this year's IRA contribution), I'll see $275 before taxes. If the amount of work I have to put in doesn't make sense, I'll scale back my plans.

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Adding another one to the list: Inspirus CU in Seattle. 7% APY for the first $500 in their ADDvantage Savings account. The catch is that their ADDvantage account requires direct deposit.

You're good here - Inspirus allows "ACH Direct Transfer" in lieu of direct deposit to qualify.  Meaning that if you setup a recurring transfer from another account (say that BECU checking  or savings you just setup) and allow funds to auto-transfer monthly, you still qualify - http://www.inspiruscu.org/services/forms.html

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Adding another one to the list: Inspirus CU in Seattle. 7% APY for the first $500 in their ADDvantage Savings account. The catch is that their ADDvantage account requires direct deposit.

You're good here - Inspirus allows "ACH Direct Transfer" in lieu of direct deposit to qualify.  Meaning that if you setup a recurring transfer from another account (say that BECU checking  or savings you just setup) and allow funds to auto-transfer monthly, you still qualify - http://www.inspiruscu.org/services/forms.html

Nice catch, thanks!

This is looking more and more doable. When I pursue a mortgage in 18 months, the loan officers are going to have a fun time adding up all my liquid assets. 

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see the explanation now...

"I thought liquid assets meant you keep them in small cups and pour from one to the next to the next like a waterfall"  Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 33
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Hey! Thanks for the tip. Added to the list:

Obee: 7.52%

Inspirus: 7.00% (Direct deposit required)

STCU: 5.09%

BECU: 4.07%

ACU: 4.00%

DCU: 3.04%

With these 6, I should gross around $153.00/year (5.12% average return) on $3k - Pretty good. equivalent to $7650 worth of spend on my Citi DC. Not quite as good as index funds, but way less volatile. And A LOT better than the pharma companies I'm holding in one of my brokerage account right now.

@Vegas4Play:

STCU, as far as I can tell (haven't joined yet), has no requirements. Kinda odd, but the First5 account is mandatory if you open an account online.

BECU is the next easiest - One debit card transaction a month. Once I get my card, I'll move over the billing on email hosting through Google ($5/month) there. If I end up using a different CU as my main hub, I'll setup a once a year transfer for the $60 into the checking account.

Obee is a little tougher - Three debit card transactions per month or $100 in direct deposit. Haven't quite hammered that one out yet. I think it'll either be my morning coffee card, or I'll setup a direct deposit from my side business. I'll have to do that if I pull the trigger on Inspirus, anyway. Still need to look into what that would entail from the employer side.

ACU seems pretty good, no requirements from my brief look. Haven't had the time to pull the Truth in Savings statements for the rest - Still in search mode, right now.

Not going to go to any crazy lengths to maintain these accounts. So far, it's looking like STCU, BECU, ACU, and Obee are going to be easy to handle. I should be able to finagle a more or less automated way to take care of the rest. At the end of the day, if I keep a 5ish-% APY average across 11 acounts (to match this year's IRA contribution), I'll see $275 before taxes. If the amount of work I have to put in doesn't make sense, I'll scale back my plans.

I think i would loose it...I do just thinking about it...I wish u luck update on your progress in a couple months I may try it..I had the netspend savings thing going when it was 5/5k..that is out the door now I have been looking for another

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 26 of 33
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Langley Federal Credit Union (LFCU) has 2.01% APY on the first $1000 in their Langley Saves savings account, and also the same for their LangleyPays checking account.  So between the 2, it's a total of $2000 that qualifies for the higher interest rate.  No direct deposit required.  Of course you have to qualify for membership.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tazman81 wrote:

Langley Federal Credit Union (LFCU) has 2.01% APY on the first $1000 in their Langley Saves savings account, and also the same for their LangleyPays checking account.  So between the 2, it's a total of $2000 that qualifies for the higher interest rate.  No direct deposit required.  Of course you have to qualify for membership.

qualification is a $5 donation to a charitable organization, if you're not near Langley, VA

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blue FCU (formerly the Warren FCU, named after an air force base) - https://www.bluefcu.com/ - has an Accelerated Savings account that pays 4.99 on the first $1,000, but an ACH transaction is required.  (If you're like me, though, you can just schedule to put the money in from the Alliant ACH hub, then pull it back a few days later...)  They also have an attractive reward checking account that I'm considering.  Membership is open to anybody who has $5.

Chevron FCU - https://www.chevronfcu.org/ - pays 7% on the first $1,000 in savings.  Membership is open to anybody, but you might need to join one of their associations first: the Contra Costa Historical Society ($20 with membership application), the Tree Musketeers, a youth environmental organization ($25 with CU membership), and the West Contra Costa, Bakersfield, Honolulu, or El Paso councils of the Navy League ($20 for electronic membership - note that none of these councils will help you join Navy Fed).

(My mistake - the Chevron account that pays 7% is only open to under-21 members.)

Meriwest - https://meriwest.com/ - their Premier Savings account pays 3% on the first $5k, 2% on the next $5k.  Membership is open to tech employees in CA/AZ or residents of the SF Bay Area.  The premier account must be opened within 30 days of establishing membership, or you're out of luck.

Patelco - https://www.patelco.org/ - savings accounts pay 3% on the first $3k and 2% on the next $3k.  Membership open to anybody who lives or works in the SF Bay Area.

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:

qualification is a $5 donation to a charitable organization, if you're not near Langley, VA

Update: The interest rate is now 1.61% APY on both LangleyPays Checking & Langley Saves accounts.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.