NYFan63
Established Contributor

PLOC Approvals this month

I have app'd and been approved for the following PLOC's in the last month:

Andrews FCU. $15k @ 10.5%
Santander $25k @ 16%
TD Bank. $50k @ 14%
Langley FCU. $ 2k. @ 8%
Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLOC Approvals this month

How do you like Langley FCU?

I was thinking of applying with them for their LOC, they really have low rates for theirs. How generous are they with their limits? I was gonna shoot for $25-30K limit at 8%. So that I f i need to use it the utilization will be low. 

I was put off after calling them, the CSR seemed to act like I was bothering them by calling and asking questions.  I was quoted 8% on line of credit. 

I have NFCU CLOC, but am not happy with the APR on it (13.9). So am thinking of using it for bill pay, and absolute last line of defense in financial emergency after exhausting my emergency funds. 

Thanks.

JC

Message 2 of 17
NYFan63
Established Contributor

JM - when I first applied, I got a call from their QC for a lack of a better term. The guy asked me twice why I wanted to become a member of Langley?? I told him I had heard they have very competitive rates with their personal loans and PLOC's.

I had originally asked for $25k PLOC, they gave me $2k. Originally asked for $20k on their CC, gave me $5k. So they are very conservative.

I hope this helps.
Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;

Message 3 of 17
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

@Andrews FCU. $15k @ 10.5%
@Santander $25k @ 16%
@Anonymous Bank. $50k @ 14%
@Langley FCU. $ 2k. @ 8%

Wow! That's an impressive list there Smiley Happy

Did they ask POI on any of them?

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah that's not a friendly sounding CU. 

Business's should compete for my money, I shouldn't need to interview to be a customer. No thanks. 

Although I do say that's the best rate I've seen on LOC. Unless they are like Navy Fed or AMEX and give big limit increases after 90 days. Guess I will have to keep looking. 

Thanks for the info.

Message 5 of 17
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Matt - yes they wanted last two pay stubs

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yeah that's not a friendly sounding CU. 

Business's should compete for my money, I shouldn't need to interview to be a customer. No thanks. 

Although I do say that's the best rate I've seen on LOC. Unless they are like Navy Fed or AMEX and give big limit increases after 90 days. Guess I will have to keep looking. 

Thanks for the info.

There are some old threads about Langley. Langley was, for a short time, a MyFico Flavour of The Month CU because of high credit lines given to less than stellar credit files. Langley did some research and found forums like MyFico talking about Langley. Some people got shut down and others were basically berated and told "we know all about MyFico!"  Not saying that was right of them, but not saying it was wrong either. They are smaller and need to protect their assets. 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NYFan63 wrote:

@Santander $25k @ 16%
@Langley FCU. $ 2k. @ 8%

Congratulations. So you now have 6 LOC's? Do you use them all? I have a CLOC through my bank that I have not used in 3 years (the only way to access it is by being overdrawn) and I have a PLOC through Security Service FCU (6.75%) but I only use it once a year to keep it active. Was this more for padding or do you actually use them? I am just curious. 

Message 8 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@NYFan63 wrote:

@Santander $25k @ 16%
@Langley FCU. $ 2k. @ 8%

Congratulations. So you now have 6 LOC's? Do you use them all? I have a CLOC through my bank that I have not used in 3 years (the only way to access it is by being overdrawn) and I have a PLOC through Security Service FCU (6.75%) but I only use it once a year to keep it active. Was this more for padding or do you actually use them? I am just curious. 

I'm curious too, I would've called it good on Andrews and been done with it unless trying to finance something large; I thought the 8% from Langley was excellent (even if the amount is a little unwieldy) but 6.75% is amazingly low for an unsecured revolving tradeline.

If I move back to Texas one of my first things will be to join that CU actually for reasons not even related to that PLOC.

        
Message 9 of 17
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NYFan63 wrote:

@Santander $25k @ 16%
@Langley FCU. $ 2k. @ 8%

I'm curious too, I would've called it good on Andrews and been done with it unless trying to finance something large; I thought the 8% from Langley was excellent (even if the amount is a little unwieldy) but 6.75% is amazingly low for an unsecured revolving tradeline.

If I move back to Texas one of my first things will be to join that CU actually for reasons not even related to that PLOC.

Thanks Guys!  Yes I have  6 LOC's now.  I am getting into real estate investing where I will need funds for down payments and rehab funding and using private lenders for puchase and rehab, and then refi out into a traditional mortgage once it rehabbed and rented...

Yes the Security Service FCU has a nice rate!! 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.