@Andrews FCU. $15k @ 10.5%
@Santander $25k @ 16%
@Anonymous Bank. $50k @ 14%
Langley FCU. $ 2k. 
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLOC Approvals this month

When you applied with Andrews FCU, were you already a member? Are they friendly towards new people applying just for the LOC?

I am on the search for a good LOC at a low rate. And Andrews FCU seems to match for what I want. But I don't want to waste applying for membership and then denied a LOC because I  only joined for that. 

ANy other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you applied with Andrews FCU, were you already a member? Are they friendly towards new people applying just for the LOC?

I am on the search for a good LOC at a low rate. And Andrews FCU seems to match for what I want. But I don't want to waste applying for membership and then denied a LOC because I  only joined for that. 

ANy other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. 

My suggestion would be to understand that it's impossible to figure out if you would be approved for anything and at what rate. You may read that it's easy to get a great rate at Andrews with a high limit. 

And then when you apply you get instantly declined, regardless of your scores.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yeah that's not a friendly sounding CU. 

Business's should compete for my money, I shouldn't need to interview to be a customer. No thanks. 

Although I do say that's the best rate I've seen on LOC. Unless they are like Navy Fed or AMEX and give big limit increases after 90 days. Guess I will have to keep looking. 

Thanks for the info.

Why don't you tell us a little about your profiles and scores and maybe we can guess.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for membership with Andrews FCU 2 days ago.

I applied for the overdraft line of credit, instant approval 5K at lowest rate 14%

And the main reason was the Premier LOC, apped for that as well, went to review by loan officer, status is "counter offer" so I am assuming that they did not approve me for I applied for. I hope they come close to what apped for.

Do you know if they have are good increases over time? I don't mind as long is there is room to grow over time. I love their rates. 

They seem to be a good CU, I love their 24/7 service (like NFCU) and am looking to build a long term relationship with them. This was the last piece I wanted to add to my credit portfolio. 

I will call them in the AM and see what they say. So far I am liking Andrews CU alot. 

Message 15 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the overdraft line of credit, instant approval 5K at lowest rate 14%

And the main reason was the Premier LOC, apped for that as well, went to review by loan officer, status is "counter offer" so I am assuming that they did not approve me for I applied for. I hope they come close to what apped for.

Do you know if they have are good increases over time? I don't mind as long is there is room to grow over time. I love their rates. 

They seem to be a good CU, I love their 24/7 service (like NFCU) and am looking to build a long term relationship with them. This was the last piece I wanted to add to my credit portfolio. 

I will call them in the AM and see what they say. So far I am liking Andrews CU alot. 

They seem pretty conservative to me. Their application asked for more information than the typical credit card application.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They seem pretty conservative to me. Their application asked for more information than the typical credit card application.

Yeah but I think more realistic credit lines would be the term I would use. 

They approved me for half of what I asked which was still substantial, given that interest accrues right away. I wanted a LOC at a low rate (10.5%), that was liquid like cash. I don't like the NFCU CLOC as it tied to your account. I got what I wanted.

Yeah they seem to be half old school, and trying to modernize. My loan had to go through the traditional loan process, which compared to USAA and everyone eles's computer based decision's seemed like an eternity. It took about a week from applying to it showing in my account. 

I was never asked anything out of the ordinary,no POI or verification,  matter of fact Navy fed scrutinized me more than other place I bank with. 

I do like they have 24/7 customer service in all departments just like Navy fed. 

Overall yeah it was slow process, but worth it in the end to get a lower rate. And I got what I wanted. LOC 15K at 10.5%.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.