Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Rent through RadPad

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Paying Rent through RadPad

Hey all, so I'm wanting to pay my rent with my Amex. But my LL does not take Amex. As a result, I'm considering paying rent through RadPad. It's a site where you pay them your rent + 2.99% and then they send a check with all your name and info to your Landlord. 

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? The 2.99% fee didn't sound too bad to me, but is there anything else out there better? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying Rent through RadPad

Another site similiar to it, name is eluding me right now, but ya about 2.95% fee to pay rent... Was going to use it to meet spend bonus on my CSP, but didn't end up needing to.. Probably the best you are going to get.

Message 2 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Can you use Amex for this? Most of these sites are MC/Visa limited and sometimes Discover. 2.99% is pretty close to what I would pay my leasing company directly though.
Message 3 of 14
gmason
Contributor

Do a search for williampaid -- it used to be mentioned fairly often.

Message 4 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:
Can you use Amex for this? Most of these sites are MC/Visa limited and sometimes Discover. 2.99% is pretty close to what I would pay my leasing company directly though.

ugh which i could remember the site.. doubtful on amex though as you stated as swipe fees is 5%, so they would be losing money one would think not that i think about it

Message 5 of 14
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Yes, RadPad accepts Amex.

My Landlord only accepts MC/Visa and charges a $20 convenience fee. Running my Amex through RadPad with a 2.99% fee would be a $28.67 fee with my $959/month rent. So a bit more, but worth it since I'll be using it to meet spend bonus.

Message 6 of 14
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@gmason wrote:

Do a search for williampaid -- it used to be mentioned fairly often.

Thanks, I'll check them out as well! Smiley Happy

Sorry for double-post.

Message 7 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It might be worth it for me if it accepts Amex. It's always a struggle to make $5k bonus spend on one card - let alone two. Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
Message 8 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Williams is who i was thinking... still don't know why they would lose money on rent?  Can see MC/Visa as fees are around 2% so profit can be made there, but amex is 5%..Trying to figure out how that would work out so they don't lose money?

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may have a more favorable agreement with AMEX.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.