Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal cant find my account, with social, or with name

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal cant find my account, with social, or with name

I opened a Paypal account in October, have had a couple of statements, paid at least once.  It shows up on....ok, after verification, it slipped through the cracks with the slew of Synchrony cards I applied for and received....and is th only one which did NOT show up on my credit reports.

It has a $600 limit, and on the statements I found the account number once I pulled up the full pdf version(vs the regular version which showed nothing).  Upon seeing the account # after not being able to look it up by SSN, or by name, I was elated!  However, the CSR said it wasnt a recognized account number!!! 

What gives?  Why was he willing to do a cli(and then send me to another man who also was, after supposedly finding more info), to only tell me they have no account on file?  I doubt my balance actually have a small credit(less than a dollar) instead of a debt has anything to do with it?

I realize paypal has multiple products, and I've even seen different banks mentioned.  Sadly, it is too late to try to call yet a 3rd, or 4th as the case may be, number.  Dangt, I am riled and want to find out why multiple representatives say I have no account.   But I do recall 2 banks are at work?  Did I somehow get stuck with Comenity instead of Syncrony?  Help folks, this is confusing.  The last transfer was to a department hat was closed, and the robot, while seemingly friendly and well meaning, was devoid of the substance necessary to answer my questions and/or further guide me toward my objectives.  After some half-hearted mumblings, I just said "(bleep) this", and hung up.   

I, however, was not ready to retire for the evening.  I camehere to not only express my frustration, describe my situation, seek help(and maybe some consolation lol), but I also wasnted to cling to the spirit of GRATITUDE through all of this,. and give THANKS.  Synchrony Credit Solutions may have just more than doubled my credit, even though they said they couldnt do NewEgg, and gave me a # to call tomorrow, right before the Paypal debacle.

Regardless of the answers given to this post, as a loyal PP user long before I stopped ignoring their offers of credit, I have to say this customer service was TERRIBLE, even if the reps tried hard. Sure, both of their accents couldn't touch the speaking ability of "Will", who helped me get 2 increases, and to find I had a problem with the visibility(lack thereof) of my PP.  Those next 2 guys tried, albeit maybe not as hard as "Will", who hung with me when I said that I "want to clear th*s ***t up now, as it seems potentially serious!".  I mean they were talking about other SSNs., and that was maybe the only time I spoke over him.  RUBBISH.  BASURA.  

You fellows may have a simple answer, but my point is clear: I DO NOT CARE.  What I would have cared for is if their reps cam up with the embarassingly simple answer I am guessing someone here will give.  I suppose the account could be an outlier like myself, however the logical odds do not yet support than line of reasoning.  I'd wager on my inexperience and unfamiliarity with the paypal credit system.

To summarize this post, how in the name of Charlie Sheen(i want to be #Winning) do I get paypal to acknowledgeacknowledg I have a 2+ month old credit account with a $600 balance?  I suppose calling the number that is closed MAY point me in the right direction, but after being transferred to multiple other numbers on a single call(which I think he called Amazon Credit Solutions before transferring me the first time after the most meat of the PP  offering,, I'm not sure how I even want to end this sentence, let alone have faith that another front line department is going to un(bleep) my situation.

To reiterate...I learned something tonight.  PP does not show on my reports.  But I do have a $600 ling of credit that numerous reps knew nothing about and expounded upon some wild theories before I politely put them in check and told them to slow their roll.  No ned for wild speculation like some of the more infamous threads on here lately!  I dont blame the author, whom I consider a friend, but it is what it is.   I've learned tonight that my PP doesnt show anywhere.  Wow, imagine if I could find out how to get a CLI!!!  The things you could do with an invisible PP are really exciting me to imagine right now!!!

America, what a day.  Some ups, some downs, one thing that could go in either of those categories dependig on how it turns out, whith no structural/linear time scale to use for projetions.  Sometime you take a risk and can be totally in the dark as to the consequcnes, or lack thereof.  Anyhow, that's not credit related, so such deeds would not thrill you the way they did me,  Kinda like the feeling you get from Credit Solutions where you say "look at this, but I should have taken more".

I had that feeling tonight literally on 2 of 3(or 2 of 5, depending how you view it) Synch accounts.   I hope their was some data point. or wisdom, or laughter, or writing that stood out for a moment in here to make it a worthwile read to at least one person.  I also kida would enjoy the bonus of getting a solution to my dilemma.

For some reason I feel almost compelled to add a "namaste" here, in at least semi-sincerity.  It feels right.

Also a shout out to bodyboy1, who pimped out the creit solutions number thast I put in my phone from his thread, and usd tonight to get over $15,000 in CLI.   But the paypal mysery lingers.  We need a hero, I wish we could signal for batman.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Paypal cant find my account, with social, or with name

PayPal credit or paypal MasterCard?
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 15
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

Thanks for the shout out!
Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 3 of 15
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

That was my question too... PayPal credit / that use to be bill me later! Or Master card?
Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 4 of 15
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

Yes, they do have several products, and I now know u are talking about PAYPAL Credit, yes it's invisible., the credit increases are actually done on a needed basis/meaning if your cl is $600 if you try to purchase an item more than that.. It will do an instant request /qualification and I'd u qualify it goes through if u don't it doesn't after that.. They do increases on there own only I'd you use the account.. I went from $800-$1800 and only have had 1 increase, and just so you know... Your account did not go anywhere it's just in limbo (I think) PayPal is in the Middle of a Makeover which started with (BILL ME LATER) being changed to PAYPAL CREDIT. your account is not shut down.. If you had an eBay account you would have a link to PayPal, this is very strange.. Don't worry
Message 5 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm sorry to hear about your PayPal dealings... you're exactly right, with all their different offerings it does get really confusing.

First of all, you mention having a $600 balance... do you mean a $600 credit line? 

If it's a $600 balance, simply wait for the bill.  If it's a $600 credit line, and if all attempts to locate the account by CSRs are fruitless, I would simply make a purchase and use the PayPal credit account as the payment source. This does require a small purchase, but shouldn't be too much trouble.

If the charge goes through, it's almost guaranteed you'll get a notice once the bill is due (either snail-mail or email, whichever way you have it set up).  This will give you an account number to move forward with.  I'll add, though, that if you've got the PayPal Credit line through Comenity, it's generally though that all increases are by simply using the card, and are given as the transaction is being approved (like Bodyboy1 mentioned).  Some folks have reported trying to get a CLI the 'traditonal' way, though with varying levels of success.

I admit it's not the most 'elegant' solution, but it should be effective.  Smiley Wink

Side-note:  If you've got the PayPal Credit account, years ago I had one and to get established I only provided my address and the last four of my SS#.  Of course they had my complete number on file at some point, but if you've got this kind of account (and their procedures haven't changed) it could explain why they are having trouble finding you by SS#.  I'm just speculating here, though.

Edit: typo

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your PayPal dealings... you're exactly right, with all their different offerings it does get really confusing.

First of all, you mention having a $600 balance... do you mean a $600 credit line? 

If it's a $600 balance, simply wait for the bill.  If it's a $600 credit line, and if all attempts to locate the account by CSRs are fruitless, I would simply make a purchase and use the PayPal credit account as the payment source. This does require a small purchase, but shouldn't be too much trouble.

If the charge goes through, it's almost guaranteed you'll get a notice once the bill is due (either snail-mail or email, whichever way you have it set up).  This will give you an account number to move forward with.  I'll add, though, that if you've got the PayPal Credit line through Comenity, it's generally though that all increases are by simply using the card, and are given as the transaction is being approved (like Bodybody1 mentioned).  Some folks have reported trying to get a CLI the 'traditonal' way, though with varying levels of success.

I admit it's not the most 'elegant' solution, but it should be effective.  Smiley Wink

Side-note:  If you've got the PayPal Credit account, years ago I had one and to get established I only provided my address and the last four of my SS#.  Of course they had my complete number on file at some point, but if you've got this kind of account (and their procedures haven't changed) it could explain why they are having trouble finding you by SS#.  I'm just speculating here, though.

+1

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

If the charge goes through, it's almost guaranteed you'll get a notice once the bill is due (either snail-mail or email, whichever way you have it set up).  This will give you an account number to move forward with.  I'll add, though, that if you've got the PayPal Credit line through Comenity, it's generally though that all increases are by simply using the card, and are given as the transaction is being approved (like Bodyboy1 mentioned).  Some folks have reported trying to get a CLI the 'traditonal' way, though with varying levels of success.

Edit: typo

With the multiple frustrations of credit tonight, added on top of the frustrations of real life that the credit stuff was supposed to cover up and make better, my wording was a bit off.  I indeed meant I had a $600 credit limit, not balance.  Good catch!!!

I even have an "account number" (usual 16 digits, not freaky like Lowe's lol) on the actual PDF version of the statement, but the rep said he didnt recognize the account number.   ...as you, or someone else said, it's definitely not the Mastercard.  What exactly it is, or which bak runs it, I am unsure!  Well, after going to the PDF, after MOUNTAINS OF INFORMATION(or words, at least!), I found this tiny, italicized message that explains a lot! but not everything:

The lender for PayPal Credit accounts is Comenity Capital Ban

I had read others mention Comenity long after I had signed up, but about a month earlier(before I signed up), I thought I read people saying it was SYNCHRONY, which I had learned ws good for CLIs.   Look, I like paypal and have been using it since it's near infancy, as a former avid ebay buyer and sometimes seller, until they banned sex trafficing and nearly me!  (which is sad, as I am a believer in free markets and supply and demand being the natural judge of matters...and the laws of man tend to hinder the fluidity of nature/the universe/God/etc). 

Ok, before I do a Bill Walton(anyone ever listen to Bill do ESPN games lately?!?!?  You dont even need to like basketball or sports in general to be entertained.  It's like he has hi own variety show, and you never know what is coming next.  Humor, mixed with a lot of learning the MSM doesn't get into.  You might not enjoy him doing a game for your team, but otherwise, any broadcast can be enjoyable no matter how bad the game is!!), I will get back to the PayPal issue.

So it makes sense the Synchrony guys didnt know the Commenity account.  But gee whiz, should it be that much of a mystery to them that that might be the case?!?!?!  Seriously, they were coming up with sppeculation like a GMoney(RIP) thread!  "Maybe you opened your account with another SSN/?"....to which I actually shouted over him, "NO!!!".   I mean am I in a top secret program, this "Paypal Credit"?   I'm guessing it is different from the "store card"!?!?!  I asumed I was getting the "store card"...what the heck???

Can someone ecplain the difference to me?  From the looks of the replies so far, I don't feel isolated in my feeling a bit lost.  Besides the differences, is one better than the other?  Any chance in hades of a product change?

And why is it not reported to any of my 3 bureaus?  Granted, this could be a neutral to good thing, depending how you look at it.  I just really wanted Synchrony due to the CLIs.  Someone please tell me what I did wrong when I apped.  

****I stayed up all night and believe these fols open in about 15 minutes, if I understood correctly, so vbefore I get some shuteye, I hope to honor my thread with enough effort to get the answers I(and maybe others) seek!!

Message 8 of 15
CMoore515
New Contributor

I have a Paypal Credit account that doesn't show up on my CR. It's still there. 

Filed BK7 10/2019
Discharged 1/2020
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As promised, I have stayed up all night to call the moment it went live.  I spoke/typed to a robot who was SO MUCH MORE EFFICIENT than the foreifgn Synchrony folks, other than WILL(who gave me 2 large CLIs, and busted his hump trying to figure out my issue once we moved on to paypal)..  (Also curious why Newegg is ddifferent, and I had to wait until today to reach them elsewhere, and not on the famous Synch Credit solutions.  Anyone?!?!?!)

So once I got past the robot, I spoke with an even more attractive sounding CSR(American, go Comenity?!?! lol).  She nswered my questions quickly, which (un?)fortunately were already answered here, though awhile after I simmered down.  Smiley Happy  CLI is automatically determined at time of purchase.  And if your already at your limit, feel free to try again.

Then the BURNING question I had was does the limit return to your old one, or stay showing at the new one(I try not to assume anything), and indeed it will stay at the new one.   This seems like a common sense CLI, that avoids the ****ery a lot of people here like to use with their cards.  I'm learning the ways of the hard streets of credit from these mendicants, so when something like this hurts their tomfoolery, it impedes my progress as well, until/unless I am about to adopt new models.  

I'm curious what others think of these models.   

And as I joked long ago in the thread: being these do NOT report to the bureaus, woulsn't that make certain people less inclined to pay in 1)a timely manner, or 2)at all?  I'm curious to hear what folks think about this.  I couldnt think of anything else to ask her, which sucked, because I was easily able to understand her(points for practicality...although I am starting to sound like my parents and have mixed emotions on helping those making subsistence wages abroad, vs helping cut into the record unemployment numbers(which accounted honestly) here in the US.

Anyhow, my Comenity Paypal experience was pleasant this morning, while y Synchrony Paypal experience was miserable last night.   It's hard to fathom that they couldn't have figured out the issue last night.  Could I have really been the first PPC customer to have called the wrong # looking for a credit increase?

I'msatisfied with the call, but wanted to see my recent score increases rewarded like they were on credit solutions.  Now I will call a different number and see if NewEgg is as generous as Credit Solutions(all the while wondering why they are not erviced by them, which I'm guesing some folks here wll know).  Wish me luck!

On my Paypal answer, is that worthyof a congrats...or an emoticon with a straight face? 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.