Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Account

I just joined PenFed and noticed that they made a HP just to join, which I found a bit surprising (was not aware). Don't really mind since they pulled EQ, which I have very low on inquiries and is my highest score, but was wondering if they make another HP to set up a Money Market Saving Account?

I had read about one HP being good for 90 days, but not sure if that applies for every service they offer.

My motive to join PenFed was to have the Money Market Savings Account ready for when I apply for the Cash Rewards CC (by March), to be eligible for the 5% on gas and no annual fee.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed Account

No they won't hp you again. Used to be an hp was good for 90 days. Some are now getting hit again after 30 days. So, if I were you I would go for all the products you want before the 30 days are up. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, good to know! 

Account is set up, but I need to return a signed form, which will arrive in 5-7 days.

I'll test my luck for the Chase Freedom in a couple of weeks before applying for the Cash Rewards, since I'm at 4/24.

Message 3 of 8
creditfan
Established Contributor

penfed cash reward CC no longer on their site. bad timing

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditfan wrote:

Sad but true - however it's been replaced with a solid 2% everywhere (as long as you have a checking acct or are military) card.  Doesn't fill the same niche as the other one, but it does seem like a solid candidate for non-category spend.

Good Luck!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
No they won't hp you again. Used to be an hp was good for 90 days. Some are now getting hit again after 30 days. So, if I were you I would go for all the products you want before the 30 days are up. Smiley Wink

I agree with baller.

Message 6 of 8
minski
Established Contributor

@creditfan wrote:

Whoa, what? Do you know if current owners get switched to the general 1.5% cash back or if they get to keep the 5% gas cash back? I'd prefer the latter since I already have the former from NFCU!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@minski wrote:

@creditfan wrote:

Whoa, what? Do you know if current owners get switched to the general 1.5% cash back or if they get to keep the 5% gas cash back? I'd prefer the latter since I already have the former from NFCU!

Word on the street is you can still get the card if you hurry, and no, they're not converting anyone

Check it out

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.