Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed customer reviews

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed customer reviews

I've been pondering PenFed for a little while now. My interest surrounds refinancing my auto loan and possibly a personal loan in order to consolidate some debt. After reading various customer reviews online, I am now a bit unsure. I am unsure because what I read about this CU here on the board is completely different than the online reviews. 

Could you guys that have had experience with PenFed provide me some feedback:

- Your overall view/experience with them

- what credit bureau do they use

- what type of credit score needed

- are they inquiry sensitive

- what type of deposit needed intially

- how they feel about new accounts/multiple credit cards

and anything else I might need to know.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed customer reviews - DISREGARD

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been pondering PenFed for a little while now. My interest surrounds refinancing my auto loan and possibly a personal loan in order to consolidate some debt. After reading various customer reviews online, I am now a bit unsure. I am unsure because what I read about this CU here on the board is completely different than the online reviews. 

Thanks!!

I actually found the PenFed data share thread here on the forum....disregard this post...thanks!!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed customer reviews

Super glad you found it doingit! Thanks to baller4life for starting such an awesome thread full of knowledge on such an awesome CU! 😊
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Super glad you found it doingit! Thanks to baller4life for starting such an awesome thread full of knowledge on such an awesome CU! 😊

Agreed!!

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Excellent

Equifax

No one really knows; they use the EQ NG2 score model, which isn't available anywhere.

No they're not

Nominal

Sometimes they deny applications for too much new recent credit; they use the term 'pyramiding

of debt' even though it might not be debt at all. [On MyFiCO if someone says they're an "Egyptian"

they mean they've been initially denied by PenFed for 'pyramiding'. ] But after recon they granted

my application. They're very very serious about providing quality service to customers, and after they

turn you down they will really really reconsider if you ask them to.

They're a little tougher than NFCU, but charge lower interest rates

Thanks!!

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.