Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

PenFed

Hi All,

I am currently evaluating all of my banking relationships.  I am at a point where I have banking products spread across multiple financial institutions.  My goal is to whittle my relationships down to two banks.

It is my intent to remain with BofA where I have a good chunk of my deposit and investment accounts.  I am considering a credit union as a secondary banking option; primarily to compensate for products not offered by BofA (e.g. unsecured line of credit).   

Does anyone have experience with obtaining a line of credit from PenFed? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

Hi All,

I am currently evaluating all of my banking relationships.  I am at a point where I have banking products spread across multiple financial institutions.  My goal is to whittle my relationships down to two banks.

It is my intent to remain with BofA where I have a good chunk of my deposit and investment accounts.  I am considering a credit union as a secondary banking option; primarily to compensate for products not offered by BofA (e.g. unsecured line of credit).   

Does anyone have experience with obtaining a line of credit from PenFed? 

Thanks.

Yes I have personal lines of credit with Penfed as well as with other institutions.

It's all been good.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the max $25K LOC that they offer and it was a very easy process to get it.  Additionally they recently sent me a preapproval for a $25K personal loan.  This is in addition to several other credit products that I have with them.  If your credit is in order, PenFed can be fantastic

Message 3 of 5
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the max $25K LOC that they offer and it was a very easy process to get it.  Additionally they recently sent me a preapproval for a $25K personal loan.  This is in addition to several other credit products that I have with them.  If your credit is in order, PenFed can be fantastic

Thanks for sharing.  I received a 23K personal loan, 5K line of credit and 5K credit card.  This is amazing - all with only 1 inquiry!  

I wanted to ask for more on the LOC, however I read here that PenFed does not counter.  I will give it 6 months and then try to bump both the credit card and line of credit up to 10K.  

I am looking forward to a great banking relationship.

Message 4 of 5
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got one of these last week too. The only credit i have with them is the Cash Rewards Visa. I also never see any "offers" when I log on the their portal.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.