Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed ATM card??

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Penfed ATM card??

I deposited $8,100 of my savings into my Penfed account, unfortunately there are no Branches around me (the closest is 218 miles away). I want to withdraw $100 and just leave it with $8000.

I got my ATM card about 2 months ago and I had the pin... I'm assuming it came activated due to the fact that it never had an activation sticker on it, it tells me the closest Allpoint ATM near me is a CVS....

Now my question: how safe are these ATM?? I would hate to have to lose $8000 and have to file fraud claims ..
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed ATM card??

I would just ACH the 100 if you're worried. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would just ACH the 100 if you're worried. 

+1

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would use my ATM card at a grocery store and get cash back. It's surcharge free.

This also reminds me, I have to get my PenFed ATM card. I never got one when I opened my regualr share account. It soulds like I have to call PenFed to request this. Their ATM request link is broken Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
creditfan
Established Contributor

check if your atm card has block card feature so you can block and unblock when it's neccessary. I know some of other issuers have that.

the differences between atm card and debit card are the atm card for withdraw ONLY. Your $$ is safe unless your card is lost/stolen

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.