Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed personal loan approved

tag
gameofthrones
Established Member

Penfed personal loan approved

Love Penfed! Easy approval process for personal loan. I opened a savings account online with a deposit of $5 and decided to apply for a personal loan just to help improve the score with an installment loan to add to the mix. I plan to use the SSL technique with repaying it. The loan officers and the customer service reps are all very knowledgeable. I even decided to apply for a credit card a few days later, and they used the same HI data from the personal loan. Penfed said that the HI is good for up to 90 days, so I could request an auto loan or apply to other offerings. So get this- Penfed approved me for a $14,500 CL, which is the highest that I have ever obtained!

EQ 717

5 hard inquiries in 1 year

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed personal loan approved

Wow!  Congratulations!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed is known for having great customer service. No surprise they know what they're talking about.
Message 3 of 21
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Congrats! 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4 of 21
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Congrats! Do you mind sharing the interest rate? Thanks
Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 5 of 21
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@gameofthrones wrote:

Love Penfed! Easy approval process for personal loan. I opened a savings account online with a deposit of $5 and decided to apply for a personal loan just to help improve the score with an installment loan to add to the mix. I plan to use the SSL technique with repaying it. The loan officers and the customer service reps are all very knowledgeable. I even decided to apply for a credit card a few days later, and they used the same HI data from the personal loan. Penfed said that the HI is good for up to 90 days, so I could request an auto loan or apply to other offerings. So get this- Penfed approved me for a $14,500 CL, which is the highest that I have ever obtained!

EQ 717

5 hard inquiries in 1 year

Did they ask for POI?

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, could you please let us know what, if any, did you need to provide for POI. 

Also, how long did it take to get approval? I have asked them to reconsider at the moment & I'm on pins & needles waiting to hear back. I sent an email. 

Thank you for contributing, this is good info! 

Message 7 of 21
gameofthrones
Established Member

Yes- 12.99%

Message 8 of 21
gameofthrones
Established Member

Late to respond, sorry. No POI requested, and I was approved immediately.

Message 9 of 21
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Good job I love PenFed can’t wait to get my scores up so I can hit them up
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.