Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed

Hi All, I wanted to join Penfed so I can apply for a credit card..... Do Penfed pull ur credit report when applying for a membership? If so which report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All, I wanted to join Penfed so I can apply for a credit card..... Do Penfed pull ur credit report when applying for a membership? If so which report?

Yes, it's an HP and it's Equifax.  HP is good for up to 90 days so if you apply for any of their credit products, they will use same HP

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it's an HP and it's Equifax.  HP is good for up to 90 days so if you apply for any of their credit products, they will use same HP

Okay, Thank you

Message 3 of 5
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Irish80, How do you like PenFed? Is the Visa Sig a good card to add to my portfolio? Recent CSP, Marriott and Arrival+ in last 3 months.

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I just joined PenFed and so far so good. I will say, it seems like they are a bit tighter on their limits with CC's initially, but the other products and rates they offer are pretty good.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.