Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peoples bad money habits annoy me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Peoples bad money habits annoy me

It's common sense, but our culture breeds instant gratification, and desire can quickly overwhelm logic. What needs to be learned early is consequences, and as I teach my kids, it's always better to learn from someone else's mistakes than from your own.

Message 21 of 22
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Peoples bad money habits annoy me

Also no need to downplay the impact of advertising on encouraging people to spend more than they have. 'What's in your wallet', I bet everyone knows that commercial and which card, maybe even which celebrity(ies) represent the card. The large credit issuers spend millions on advertising because it works.

I realize that ultimately it is the consumer who decides to swipe the card but the system is stacked against those without the knowledge or education. 

Every point that has been brought up in this thread is a valid reason for people not handling their finances correctly. My personal hope is that I can set my kids down the correct road and that they will eventually make the right decions on their own.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.