Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

0 Kudos

Personal Loan - Best Egg Pre-Approval

Hey all, 

Long time lurker, first-time poster. I am looking to open a new line in the form of an installment loan to bolster my credit history. I will be using this to buy a new motorcycle. I have been pre-approved for a 5k loan from Best Egg at 13%. 

Here is where my score stands: 

Score: TU 699 EQ 706 (paid off my CC in full just before reporting cycle, CK estimates this will put me at a 723)
Open accounts: Only one - Capital One Quicksilver
History: Very little history - 8 months on-time payments with the above card, older account still reporting but closed in 2015.   
Income: $75k/Yr, no issue verifying. 
Derogatories: None 

Questions:

A) Will I be approved with limited history? I won't be applying until I know EQ and TU are logging my most recent payment. 

B) Should I just apply thru the motorcycle dealer? I am inclined to think that It's better to know what I'm getting with something like Best Egg than run the risk of being denied or to wind up with a terrible rate at the motorcycle dealer. 

Thanks in advance

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Personal Loan - Best Egg Pre-Approval

[ Edited ]

Credit Karma scores are fake scores and useless for creditworthiness.

Never, ever use Credit Karma "Vantage Scores" to figure out your FICO credit scores.  They don't always align.

Spend $1 at CCT to pull real FICO8 scores (and cancel the trial after).  Post those scores.

Doing the Alliant SSL Technique asap should get your scores up to qualify for a better loan approval in November or December.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

FICO8 3/17 550EX, 570TU, 559EQ
FICO8 10/17 710EX, 693TU, 717EQ -- almost 700 club!
Gardening since Aug 7, 17
0 Kudos

Christ. Thanks for this - super helpful. 

FICO® Score 8
699 EX
635 TU
629 EQ

A collections account that I paid off a year ago is still showing open in TU, unpaid in EQ. 

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure to call and cancel your CCT trial.  Some folks have luck just emailing them at info at creditchecktotal dot com to cancel it.  Lots of people do the $1 "trick" monthly for years.

Your scores are a bit on the low side but it's feasible you can get a subprime approval at 13%.  I bet if you bumped your scores higher you could get a way lower interest rate.  The Alliant SSL Technique would work but might take a month, or two, to report.  Also getting your credit card utilization to follow the AZEO Method could get you some FICO points back.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

0 Kudos

Thanks ABCD - I will be dealing with the collections account, getting a secured loan, and checking back in a month or so. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Definitely check in!  Boosting your scores using various methods helps you save money (rewards cards), qualify for better credit options and can even lower your insurance payments!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.