cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal loan chances? (Sorry if wrong place)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal loan chances? (Sorry if wrong place)

My boyfriend is looking to get a personal loan for around 6k for a car and moving expenses - his credit score is 634 on credit karma. No derogatory marks, 100% payment history and 2 inquiries he has a guitar center credit card with 60% utilization and a 1500 loan (from the same bank he's applying for the personal loan at) that has been paid off. My credit is scrappy but I'm going to cosign for him too. What are the chances of approval?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal loan chances? (Sorry if wrong place)

@Anonymous wrote:
My boyfriend is looking to get a personal loan for around 6k for a car and moving expenses - his credit score is 634 on credit karma. No derogatory marks, 100% payment history and 2 inquiries he has a guitar center credit card with 60% utilization and a 1500 loan (from the same bank he's applying for the personal loan at) that has been paid off. My credit is scrappy but I'm going to cosign for him too. What are the chances of approval?

Really no where near enough info to give you an accurate answer.  First, the CreditKarma score is meaningless as that is a Vantage Score and not a FICIO score which any bank will use in some form.  Would need to know the 3 FICO 8 scores as a minimum to assess his chances.  Why are you cosigning?  Is his income insufficient to get a $6K personal loan? If you credit is not that great then consigning will do nothing to further his chances.  From the sounds of it though the bank that already gave him the $1500 loan will be his best bet if income and employment is within reason.

Message 2 of 3
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Personal loan chances? (Sorry if wrong place)

Try Prosper, LendingClub and SoFi. I believe all three have a SP pre-approval to see what you might qualify for loan wise. Remember, don't do it if the interest rate does not make sense.

It will be a HP at any of the above if you go for a full approval.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.