Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastiq posting as cash advance for Visa

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Plastiq posting as cash advance for Visa

For those of you who use or plan to use Plastiq be aware that they are processing it transactions as a cash advance on Visa cards.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/psa-plastiq-coding-cash-advance-visa-cards/

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plastiq posting as cash advance for Visa

Thanks for the heads up!

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting.. Thanks for the heads up.  First time use another CC or Debit card then once relationship is built then can use Visa.. Strange

Message 3 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info. I've only used MasterCards with Plastiq. Never had a issue. I've also used MasterCards to fund new bank and CU accounts up to $2500. I've never had an issue with it posting as a cash advance. That being said, I've seen several members use Visa from certain lenders that didn't post as a cash advance.
Message 4 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

For those of you who use or plan to use Plastiq be aware that they are processing it transactions as a cash advance on Visa cards.

It is simply not so. I have made payments on Plastiq using Visa cards and they posted as a purchase, not a cash advance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

It is simply not so. I have made payments on Plastiq using Visa cards and they posted as a purchase, not a cash advance.

Please read the article and the replies to the post. It is charging a CA fee to new customers until they establish a relationship, then it will no longer be the case. I understand you are not being charged but Plastiq is warning new customers that if they proceed with the transaction a CA fee will be assessed. The articles have been written for a reason, it's not just people blowing smoke out of their behind.

Message 6 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Most simple solution for most is to drop their Cash Advance limits down to 0 or 100 or whatever is the lowest possible to avoid this possible issue if in doubt.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's for new users. I've been a member a year, no issue using visa last time.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Thanks for the info. I've only used MasterCards with Plastiq. Never had a issue. I've also used MasterCards to fund new bank and CU accounts up to $2500. I've never had an issue with it posting as a cash advance. That being said, I've seen several members use Visa from certain lenders that didn't post as a cash advance.

I used my QS VS the other day to fund a new account. I Heart it!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.