Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Opening Account with US Bank

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Problems Opening Account with US Bank

After gardening for some time, I decited to lift freeze on chexsys and TU and I went to a branch to open gold checking/saving and a Cash+ CC. The banker could not open an account and refered me to chexsys that I also could not find a human on the phone. For the moment, I postponed it until receiving a 200$ checking/saving bonus offer and locked all again. Anyway, can somebody help on the reasons that the banker could not open an account? EX and EQ are locked and I guess, the SP could not be done. Anyway, I think the banker should not refer a client to find the reasons. Possibly to open an account, I should go to a well-experienced branch.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Problems Opening Account with US Bank

Hi @xenon3030, to get your issue more exposure I moved your post to its own thread.

--UB

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should get a letter with the actual reasons specific to why you were denied.  Without that letter we can't really even begin to know.

How long ago did you unfreeze Chex?

Message 3 of 4
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

The letter says Chexsys but its freeze was lifted one day before application and for a period of 4 days. So, from my view it should not be a reason. I opened an Alliant account some months ago, lifting Chexsys freeze, they requested to lift freeze on EQ for SP and no issue. Anyway, the banker was not sure whether it is due to Chexsys or freeze on EX/EQ and only mentioned I should call Chexsys.

Based on this experience in a small branch, I think, the recommendation would be waiting for a 200$ sign-up bonus offer and going to a major branch to open an account.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.