Did you mean: 

Question on Serve with ISIS wallet

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Serve with ISIS wallet

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Should be fine, although you won't get many rewards. If you have a Quicksilver, BoA Travel Rewards, Fidelity Amex etc those would be better choices as they will give you more than 1% cashback. 

AFAK no credit card treats Serve as cash advance, but AMEX issued cards don't earn rewards on Serve reloads. 

From FT thread I read earlier citi cards count as cash advance but Barclay's and chase do not 

I have not read this.. if anything I've read this:

Online Credit Card Loads:
Treated as purchase, earns cashback/points/miles:

• Barclay
  • Citi
  • Chase
  • Capital One
  • Discover
  • FIA
  • US Bank
Message 21 of 49
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Should be fine, although you won't get many rewards. If you have a Quicksilver, BoA Travel Rewards, Fidelity Amex etc those would be better choices as they will give you more than 1% cashback. 

AFAK no credit card treats Serve as cash advance, but AMEX issued cards don't earn rewards on Serve reloads. 

From FT thread I read earlier citi cards count as cash advance but Barclay's and chase do not 

• Barclay
  • Citi
  • Chase
  • Capital One
  • Discover
  • FIA
  • US Bank

You are correct sir , I though read somewhere citi were showing them as cash advances but guess I was mistakened. That sounds lke I could use that for min spend if I apply for citi aa card

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KennyRS wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

• Barclay
  • Citi
  • Chase
  • Capital One
  • Discover
  • FIA
  • US Bank

Um... This is VERY intriguing!!! Again, I'm new to all of this, being that I am just three months into rebuilding my credit but VERY interested!!! I was just researching about the AMEX serve card for I don't know what given reason, I already have two AMEX cards (1 charge & 1 revolving...)... Originally what I had planned was to pay my rent through one of my AMEX's, but I have to do it through a Wells Fargo Savings Account, which can't be done through a CC obviously... So now my understanding is: I can use the AMEX Serve through any one of the CC issuers mentioned here to do so? I have a Discover that is more than ample to cover the amount I need to do so... Please advise, this would definitely help me out with killing two birds with one stone!!! Thank You in advance!!! Smiley Surprised

Message 23 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, if your rent is under $1500. 

What you need to do is 

1. Get Isis App

2. Open app, when it asks "Do you wanna sign up for Serve?" you say yes. 

3. Sign up for Serve

4. Wait for physical serve card to get in the mail to activate it (you can use it before this, but maximum load is $400) 

5. Load $500 on each of three successive days

6. Pay rent. You can add your landlord as a payee and then Serve will send them a cashier's check. Note that the money goes away from your account the moment you hit "Pay" even though your landlord won't cash the check for another week or whatever. 

Bonus: Serve card is really nice, right now they are offering $1 back on all purchases made with Isis Mobile Wallet (limit 50 / month). That means free McDonald's Dollar Menu and really cheap milk at Walgreens. 

Message 24 of 49
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, if your rent is under $1500. 

What you need to do is 

1. Get Isis App

2. Open app, when it asks "Do you wanna sign up for Serve?" you say yes. 

3. Sign up for Serve

4. Wait for physical serve card to get in the mail to activate it (you can use it before this, but maximum load is $400) 

5. Load $500 on each of three successive days

6. Pay rent. You can add your landlord as a payee and then Serve will send them a cashier's check. Note that the money goes away from your account the moment you hit "Pay" even though your landlord won't cash the check for another week or whatever. 

Bonus: Serve card is really nice, right now they are offering $1 back on all purchases made with Isis Mobile Wallet (limit 50 / month). That means free McDonald's Dollar Menu and really cheap milk at Walgreens. 

Looks like I am going to have redo my serve since I bought serve card first then signed up for Isis account . I am going to call Isis tomorrow just to verify that is correct  process I need to do 

Message 25 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

• Barclay
  • Citi
  • Chase
  • Capital One
  • Discover
  • FIA
  • US Bank

Um... This is VERY intriguing!!! Again, I'm new to all of this, being that I am just three months into rebuilding my credit but VERY interested!!! I was just researching about the AMEX serve card for I don't know what given reason, I already have two AMEX cards (1 charge & 1 revolving...)... Originally what I had planned was to pay my rent through one of my AMEX's, but I have to do it through a Wells Fargo Savings Account, which can't be done through a CC obviously... So now my understanding is: I can use the AMEX Serve through any one of the CC issuers mentioned here to do so? I have a Discover that is more than ample to cover the amount I need to do so... Please advise, this would definitely help me out with killing two birds with one stone!!! Thank You in advance!!! Smiley Surprised

Okay... So here I go... I want the god to honest truth for I am a very honest person and not in the position to cause any havoc with my bank ("Chase") nor any of my CC's... This reply is due to a disturbing post I just read about "MS(ing)" (I know, it's a hush-hush thing)...!?! Is any of this here on this post considered just that...?!? Please advise, I need to know so I can just drop the entire idea... Thank You!!! Smiley Embarassed

Message 26 of 49
Open123
Super Contributor

Issuer's couldn't care less about $1,000 per month, MS or otherwise.  Just don't use Serve to pay the CC in which you use to load.

Message 27 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

Issuer's couldn't care less about $1,000 per month, MS or otherwise.  Just don't use Serve to pay the CC in which you use to load.

LOL. Thanks, I think this reply has given me enough courage to just drop the idea!!! Thanks again!!!

Message 28 of 49
smith5879
New Contributor

I have an iPhone so I don't have an NFC enabled phone and don't want to spend $70 on a case when I already have one I like. Is it absolutely necessary to have the case for ISIS/Serve to work? Could I just sign up for the ISIS Serve and put the information into my phone without having the case, or is the case a necessity?

April 2014: EX FICO 763 | EQ FICO 760 | TU FICO 721
September 2018: EX FICO 811 | EQ FICO 815 | TU FICO 826

Amex BCP 24.5k | Chase Freedom VS 15k | Citi Double Cash WEMC 25k | Discover It 25.5k
Message 29 of 49
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@smith5879 wrote:

I have an iPhone so I don't have an NFC enabled phone and don't want to spend $70 on a case when I already have one I like. Is it absolutely necessary to have the case for ISIS/Serve to work? Could I just sign up for the ISIS Serve and put the information into my phone without having the case, or is the case a necessity?

i am not sure I think you need NFC to just open the serve account with the 1500 cap, but once you open the account and they send you the card, you probably don't need it anymore. 

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.