Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding checking account

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Question regarding checking account

Does anyone know what happens when your checking account max deposit limit is 10k and you exceed it? I have boa core checking, deposit amount monthly is 10k. I got a huge check deposited and it will put me over 10k before months end.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Question regarding checking account

...nothing?

I've never heard of a checking account with a max monthly deposit amount.

Do you mean:

• The 10k IRS reporting/structuring requirement?
  • The monthly limit on mobile deposits?
  • The limit on funds availablity prior to full clearing?
EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

IS that the mobile deposit amount maybe?

Likewise I've never heard of anything other than cash deposits being capped at 10K, and that's more proctological exam than you "can't" do it.

        
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What state are you in?  When I checked out core checking at bofa site it didn't give me that but that's based on my state CA

the 10k cash deposit has to do with due diligence with banks..it's 10,000.01 and above that will make the system ask for info, to put in system..as long as there's not a repeated pattern without plausible explanation (obviously if you're running a burger shop that's cash only..)

its used to try and field out money launders and terrorists and basically anyone who may be suspects

I don't think they'd care how much you deposit in checks...as there's paper trail for that -- and as mentioned there is limits on checks when depositing via mobile but they won't fee you, they'll just not let you deposit the check if that indeed is your limit and you went over it,

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.