Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an invitation to chase private client in the mail. What to do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received an invitation to chase private client in the mail. What to do

So before I embarrass myself and go talk to a private client banker was this just a promotion to get me in? I DEFINTELY don’t qualify for their 250k in accounts I only have about 15% of that in my chase accounts right now. They know how much I have so why would they send it?

Anyone else get this and try it out who DIDN’T qualify by their standards?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Re: Received an invitation to chase private client in the mail. What to do

Yeah, that's so funny. They keep sending it to me too. I have less than $600 in my Chase checking account right now and overall with Chase I probable has less than 10% of that required amount Smiley Happy However I think they consider way more than just your total balances. Your cumulative deposits through the accounts may also be a consideration.Chase.PNG

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you think maybe I should go in?
Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

This is a great marketing opportunity for JPM/Chase to assess whether you qualify for CPC.

They'll likely want to see if you have other assets outside of JPM, which can include things like investments, IRAs, other depository accounts, etc. The minimum criteria is still $250K (some exceptions can apply) and there's some decent benefits that go along with becoming a CPC client.

You can definitely schedule an appointment, which hurts nothing, just to see whether this is something that you would like to pursue.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely don’t have 250k in assets laying around, I do in 1 account through my union but it’s not transferable
Message 5 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

wrote:
I definitely don’t have 250k in assets laying around, I do in 1 account through my union but it’s not transferable

They are advertising and fishing for profitable customers, not inviting you to join at a lower asset level. The minimum I've heard of is like $100k now and the promise to bring over $150k more in a few months.

I'm not sure if a meeting would be productive.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Yeah, that's so funny. They keep sending it to me too. I have less than $600 in my Chase checking account right now and overall with Chase I probable has less than 10% of that required amount Smiley Happy However I think they consider way more than just your total balances. Your cumulative deposits through the accounts may also be a consideration.Chase.PNG

I clicked through and filled out the form and they never even contacted me... I guess they don't want to waste their time haha

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

I clicked through and filled out the form and they never even contacted me... I guess they don't want to waste their time haha

Hear your comment and their system should screen better. Personally, I think what they did or didn't do is "tacky" ... ! Oh ... yeah, I for got it is only business.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hear your comment and their system should screen better. Personally, I think what they did or didn't do is "tacky" ... ! Oh ... yeah, I for got it is only business.

General rule of thumb in the banking business is "80% of the customers have 80% of their money elsewhere" 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.