Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Goldman Sachs...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding Goldman Sachs...

Please move if in wrong forum.  In my search for Personal Loans, I ran across Goldman Sachs prequalification form. I called them beforehand to double check  that it was a soft inquiry to do so. And also to see if they had a minimum annual income etc. After the call, I filled out the form and was denied. I have absolutely no idea what they are looking for in a prospective borrower, and I suspect they frowned upon my paid collection that is on my report. The strange thing is they are sending me a letter by mail 7-10 days, to let me know the reasons. Has anyone else experienced the 7-10 day letter from a prequalification? I did not officially apply, didnt even put my ss in. Is this typical of them? Thanks for any input!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Regarding Goldman Sachs...

A SSN isn't required to pull credit (unfortunately).

I'd keep an eye out for a HP; if you don't get one I and others would be interested next time you pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com to see which bureau they hit.  Also interested in the letter's reasons if you don't mind sharing when you receive it.

        
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called back today and they looked me up by ss, birthdate, and name and couldn't find me at all?? Like the gentleman told me yesterday, you have to proceed with the steps and actually apply for one of the offers for it to be pulled. I will continue to monitor through Credit Karma (they are good about reporting inquires). Too bad I wasn't prequalified, they have exceptional customer service! I wish all my card providers were that nice lol..I would love to know what their target customers are, I mean they offer loans as low as 3,500, so I believe they have become more mainstreamed in their practices. I may have put my info in incorrectly, we shall see in 7-10 days

Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I called back today and they looked me up by ss, birthdate, and name and couldn't find me at all?? Like the gentleman told me yesterday, you have to proceed with the steps and actually apply for one of the offers for it to be pulled. I will continue to monitor through Credit Karma (they are good about reporting inquires). Too bad I wasn't prequalified, they have exceptional customer service! I wish all my card providers were that nice lol..I would love to know what their target customers are, I mean they offer loans as low as 3,500, so I believe they have become more mainstreamed in their practices. I may have put my info in incorrectly, we shall see in 7-10 days

My understanding is they're direct competitors with the P2P lending community, kinda like SOFI in that regard.   I know they were one of the big boys who were financing some LC loans.

        
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this information online about Goldman Sachs "Marcus" loan: http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/featured/marcus-goldman-sachs-review1063506652

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that's what I had read. Prosper and SoFi loans are sometimes financially funded by GS.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.