cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roth or Traditional IRA contribution and in what bank?

tag
Justin93
Established Member

Re: Roth or Traditional IRA contribution and in what bank?

it doesn't state, but is your 401k Trad or Roth? If your employer allows you to fund it in the roth, make sure thats what you are doing. In terms of your questions, follow the advice from above. Choose a good TDF (Target date fund) and let it work for you.

best of luck!

BK discharged 06/13 Eq 585, Trans - 564 (May '14 648,632)
Barclay Rewards card - $2500 CL (Opened Dec 2013)
NFCU Cash rewards - $5000 CL (Opened Dec 2013)
NFCU secured - $500 CL (Opened June 2013)
Fingerhut $400 CL (Opened Oct 2013)
Victoria Secret $500 CL (Opened Nov 2013)
Message 11 of 12
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Roth or Traditional IRA contribution and in what bank?

I am also a fan of the Roth. I believe it gives much more flexibility. Sure...you pay taxes on your earnings now, before you invest it in the Roth, and that's why a lot of people stick with a regular IRA or 401k. They like the tax savings up front. But then they eventually end up paying taxes on not only what they initially invested, but on all the gain. Plus, they HAVE to start taking their money out at some point.

Right now Roth contributors do not have the requirement to start taking the money out at a certain age. I hope to never have to touch my Roth. I plan on leaving it to my children, and it is tax free to them as well. And, as another poster pointed out, you have until Apr 15 to contribute to a Roth for 2013, leaving you eligible to invest the full amount for 2014.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.