Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Membership

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

SDFCU Membership

To open membership with SDFCU is still a SP? Do the pre approve on opening membership if they can?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SDFCU Membership

@corymcd88 wrote:
To open membership with SDFCU is still a SP? Do the pre approve on opening membership if they can?

It's still an SP.  No indication of preapprovals.

Message 2 of 11
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Darn. I just opened membership with the mandatory savings account as the only account and I got a hard pull on Experian. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

Darn. I just opened membership with the mandatory savings account as the only account and I got a hard pull on Experian. Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear that.  Wasn't aware that they had changed their policies.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined last month and it was only a soft pull.

Message 5 of 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

As a member of SDFCU, joining is a soft pull and there are no preapprovals.

Now if get to join, they do have some great rates.

Guyatthebeach

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what the difference is with SDFCU and hard vs. soft pulls?????

Message 7 of 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

They did a soft pull when I joined. They did a hardpull for my credit card.. SDFCU is a little slow and may have outdated systems but they have been super good to me.

Guyatthebeach!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach wrote:
They did a soft pull when I joined. They did a hardpull for my credit card.. SDFCU is a little slow and may have outdated systems but they have been super good to me.

Guyatthebeach!

Maybe that's the difference that people are experiencing.  I suspect like you say, soft pull when joining, but if you are also applying for credit, then automatic hard pull.  I appreciate the clarification ;-)

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Effective 12/23/15 SDFCU began doing HP for membership.  I joined 12/8, lucky for me.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/SDFCU-is-now-a-hard-pull-on-EX-for-membersh...

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.