Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savings account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Savings account

I'm looking for ideas on savings accounts. I currently have Chase (0.01% APY) that was opened when I first opened my checking account. After learning that there are banks that offer WAAYYY more, I'm just curious as to what kind of account everyone has, and if anyone has any suggestions. I've seen the list of banks and their APY's on bankrate. I'm just looking for feedback. Thanks!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Savings account

I have a Barclays online savings account; it's 1% and it was really easy to set up. Only took about 5-10 minutes; filled out the form, answered a few verification questions and tada! Transferring money is really easy although they tend to put a one week hold on funds (but for a savings account I find this isn't a big deal). It's pretty much plug'n'play and I'm happy with them. 

The only thing I wish they'd change is combining the CC login with the savings login as I have two logins with them (one for Sallie Mae, one for my savings account). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 2 of 25
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1 Callandra. I opened up a Barclays savings account too. Probably one of the highest APYs, and no minimum to fund it IIRC. And I agree one login for both would be great!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Here you go https://www.depositaccounts.com . I use Ally at the moment. There are several worth a look.
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much are you looking to stash? 

A nice little perk of having accounts at DCU is they give 3% on the first $500. I have an individual one and am joint on one with DH so it's a nice way to keep $1000 tucked away at 3%. 

Probably not enough of a draw to open an account with them just for that, but if you're thinking about financing a car any time soon...I highly recommend them. 

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should visit the nearest bank & inquire about the saving plans & accounts. It will be more beneficial for you to understand the bank plans. 

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using alliant credit union and am very happy with the rates and service. The high rate checking is definitly worth a look too!!!!

Checking .65

Savings 1.0

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous everyone for the replies! And thanks @gdale6 for moving the thread into the correct sub-forum Smiley Tongue

@Anonymous wrote:

How much are you looking to stash? 

A nice little perk of having accounts at DCU is they give 3% on the first $500. I have an individual one and am joint on one with DH so it's a nice way to keep $1000 tucked away at 3%. 

Probably not enough of a draw to open an account with them just for that, but if you're thinking about financing a car any time soon...I highly recommend them. 

I'm moreso looking for a savings acc that will give me a better rate than what I'm currently getting with Chase. I have no plans to finance a car in the near future, but I am planning to look for a house in 2 years.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was asking the same question before. In the end, I got the Barclay saving/dreamer saving accounts and a MySavingsDirect account for high APR incomes.

Message 9 of 25
j615
Regular Contributor

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.