Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured or prepaid cards/accounts with instant availability on check uploads

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured or prepaid cards/accounts with instant availability on check uploads

Does anyone have suggestions for such cards or accounts with mobile apps that allow check deposits with instant (or at least fast) funds availability?  They can't use the Ingo money app (such as GoBank, Netspend, Accountnow, etc.) since I'm banned from their service (long story).  Ingo offers near-instant check availability for a small fee.  Unfortunately Ingo powers lots of these accounts.  I'm in Chex and EWS so it's not easy to get a regular account that might have this (I also realize bank accounts usually have a waiting period from when opened for this to be available if at all).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Secured or prepaid cards/accounts with instant availability on check uploads

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have suggestions for such cards or accounts with mobile apps that allow check deposits with instant (or at least fast) funds availability?  They can't use the Ingo money app (such as GoBank, Netspend, Accountnow, etc.) since I'm banned from their service (long story).  Ingo offers near-instant check availability for a small fee.  Unfortunately Ingo powers lots of these accounts.  I'm in Chex and EWS so it's not easy to get a regular account that might have this (I also realize bank accounts usually have a waiting period from when opened for this to be available if at all).

Welcome to myFICO!  wavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

My suggestion was going to be Amex Serve, but I believe they have just migrated over to Ingo as well, so they would be a no-go.  Smiley Sad

If it were me, I would either try to clear up the situation that was causing a problem with Chex/EWS, or if that was not possible I would look around for a non-Chex/EWS bank account.  I know there used to be websites devoted to that topic (there are quite a few people in your same predicament).  Of course they might not be the most attractive accounts (service charges, etc.) but at least you would be back in the game. 

I'm sorry I don't have a better, more immediate suggestion, but my post will 'bump' the thread to the top and I'm hoping somebody else will have better ideas for you.

Side note:  You might consider getting a 'second opportunity' account at one of the big banks or a regional bank... with these accounts Chex/EWS are usually overlooked as long as fraud wasn't involved, and the funds availability would likely be better than a prepaid card. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.