Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go for penfed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I go for penfed?

I think when it comes to PenFed , no one reminds of the limited co-op shared branches available in almost every state. Only deposit making ATM’s are mostly available. See for yourself how close and how very many ATM ‘s you can find in your area. Go figure. 

I ve had SDFCU for two years now n I m in tx metro city n I have yet to make a ATM deposit. Always in branch co op branch bank. I love it. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I think when it comes to PenFed , no one reminds of the limited co-op shared branches available in almost every state. Only deposit making ATM’s are mostly available. See for yourself how close and how very many ATM ‘s you can find in your area. Go figure. 

I ve had SDFCU for two years now n I m in tx metro city n I have yet to make a ATM deposit. Always in branch co op branch bank. I love it. 

If only Penfed participated in co-op branching.... It isn't "limited," they simply don't have any shared branching at all. 

Another downfall to having them.

Message 12 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

If only Penfed participated in co-op branching.... It isn't "limited," they simply don't have any shared branching at all. 

Another downfall to having them.

Yeo, credit union co-op shared branching is great. I have checking, savings & car loan with DCU, which only has branches in MA & the northeast, but I can withdraw or deposit cash through a local credit union just minutes away through co-op shared branch. For Penfed to have so few branches and concentrated in the D.C. area that's a major fail for them.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the Pentagon Federal Credit Union, a lot of bureaucracy is to be expected.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.