Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I transfer balances? Or...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I transfer balances? Or...

Hey everyone!

I was not working for the last 2 months and I did not cut my expenses as much as I should have so I am officially in debt for $1,770 (= I don't have the money to pay it back today nor will have it next month) but I got a new two weeks ago (yay!)

I basically carry around 10% on all of my credit cards and I don't think I feel ok with it. 

I was thinking on using my Discover intro APR to put the credit cards I don't use back to a $0 balance (Delta, US Air, Freedom, BofA, EveryDay already has a 0 balance) since I am using CSP and PRG but I do have the money to pay them back. 

I am mostly worried since we know AmEx hates when we carry balance (so I want to pay them back) and I love my CSP and I don't want the balance on it to annoy Chase and then they AA my accounts. 

I know I am getting SP once a month with Chase, Amex and Barclays so my question is:

My utilisation will stay on or under 10%, is that ok that

- I carry a $1,750 on my Discover credit card (limit is $4,000)

- I carry NO balance on: Delta, Freedom, EveryDay, US Airaways and BofA

- I let the CSP report the balance I canwillpay in full ($600ish)

- I let the PRG report the balance I will pay in full ($700ish)

Total credit lines: $30.5k   Util: 10%. 

It's just easier for me to switch back to using 2 accounts (CSP/PRG) pay them in full and pay an extra $300 a month on Discover to go back to a $0 balance after 6 months.

Also, I think that it's better to pay one account off $300 at the time instead of paying 2X minimum due on each accounts..

What would you do?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.